Show That Have Overstayed Their Welcome

Katzi428

Reaction score
I agree that "The Simpsons" has over stayed its' welcome. It's been on the air since 1987 (I think) People can only take so much as Homer's "D'OH!",right?
Get this:
My family & I flew Jet Blue Airlines to NY recently & they were sponsoring "The Simpsons Movie" So,the airline has TVs and one of the channels was all Simpsons shows!:rolleyes: My sister watched it,but I didn't.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree that "The Simpsons" has over stayed its' welcome. It's been on the air since 1987 (I think) People can only take so much as Homer's "D'OH!",right?

I can take all the DOH in the world, myself... I say D'oh all the time... It's those obnoxious jobs Homer does that bugs me. how many bloody Ambulence jokes can you make?

I Love Family guy and Simpsons, but I would take Futurama or The Critic over them anyday of the week.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
AM I the only one who doesnt find family guy all that funny?

And I agree that the simpsons seem out of character, but I find that its homer who is the most out of character. Like before, homer may have been stupid, but there were moments were he was smart. And he tried to be a good father and it showed he cared and did have feelings and loved his family. I dont see that now. Now he seems just unusally stupid with none of the above

Drtooth

Reaction score
AM I the only one who doesnt find family guy all that funny?
Unfortunately there are others. I love ALL the shows, but I think the Critic and Futurama could kick their combined butts.... Also, I think American Dad is getting really sharp, and not just coming out of a place of frustraition with who's in charge of the country. They seem to have really gotten out of making fun of Republicans (which even I am sick of doing) and they're turning it into a better Show than Family Guy has become after the ressurection.

I liked the first season of new episodes, but I feel they are getting weak, mainly because it's so popular, and they have to make so many episodes. Still love it, though.

But I digress... when Homer got to the point of rediculously stupid, it killed the character. But I still want to get as many BK Simpsons movie figs as possible.

Plus, I'm gonna say this... I was pretty upset when i heard they were in the process of Cancelling King of the hill... until I watched some of the new episodes... I like Tom Petty and all, but I HATE his character. I thought the thesis of the show was to show southerners that WEREN'T trailer Trash Redneck stereotypes.... and then they go and heap all the Cletus Jokes from the Simpsons together to make that character, and make him a regular. Plus, Luanne is becoming like Homer... getting too stupid too fast. Plus, half the episodes are pretty Bill centric. But those are the better ones, actually...

muppet maniac

Reaction score
What shows do I think have overstayed their welcome? Let me think...

Well, pretty much any of the "new big wave" stuff (or: obnoxious fads as I like to call them) :grouchy:

savagemonkey

Reaction score
definately big brother it was rubbish to start with! but they've carried on with it. WHY?

monkey