Show That Have Overstayed Their Welcome

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
and wanna hear the most horrible thing? Because their losing their shirts to freaking Disney's idiot tween line up... they are CONSIDERING Live action shows... ON CARTOON NETWORK... what the shell?
They've been showing live action movies for a few years now, and I always thought that was a bit weird, but I did enjoy School of Rock :sing:

I think Disney needs to get rid of those Shorty McShort's Shorts. Not only is the title horrible, so are the shorts. They are some of the most stupidest things i have ever seen. And they play the same thing over and over and over again.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
and wanna hear the most horrible thing? Because their losing their shirts to freaking Disney's idiot tween line up... they are CONSIDERING Live action shows... ON CARTOON NETWORK... what the shell?
Really? Wouldn't surprise me, but...wow!:rolleyes:

I like Cartoon Network's Adult Swim lineup (Family Guy, Futurama, Aqua Teen, Robot Chicken, Pee-wee), but that's all I watch it for.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Speaking of Futurama, I thought Groening and Co. were supposed to start new episodes this summer on, was it Comedy Central? Or Cartoon Network?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
They've been showing live action movies for a few years now, and I always thought that was a bit weird, but I did enjoy School of Rock :sing:
Wow! Never knew that either! I recently learned (through these forums) that TV Land has been showing live-action movies, too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think Disney needs to get rid of those Shorty McShort's Shorts. Not only is the title horrible, so are the shorts. They are some of the most stupidest things i have ever seen. And they play the same thing over and over and over again.
Aw, I kind of liked that one with the mascot college...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Speaking of Futurama, I thought Groening and Co. were supposed to start new episodes this summer on, was it Comedy Central? Or Cartoon Network?
Firstly, next year, not this, and on Comedy Central. But don't get too excited... they're basically just the movies cut up into 20 minute intrervals.

I like Cartoon Network's Adult Swim lineup (Family Guy, Futurama, Aqua Teen, Robot Chicken, Pee-wee), but that's all I watch it for.
Well, they're just concerned with the fake Tweenage market that they'll look like fools pursuing. Why are their ratings down? "My Gym Partner's a Lab Monkey! Washing machine Toasteroven" isn't good. Billy and Mandy, Kids Next Door, and even to some extent Foster's Home for Monsters are the last bastions of greatness that network's gonna have for a while. But at least keep on doing what you're doing. The last thing we need are ripoffs of Disney's intolerable formulaic, easy humor fart joke garbage they call entertainment.

And (even though I don't have cable) was their any call for Saved By the Bell to be on AS? I mean, Pee Wee I understand. It has the weird postmodernistic humor that fits in with talking Milkshakes and redubbing crappy 1960's Hanna Barbera action shows so they're actually entertaining.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kids Next Door and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends are CRA-YA-YA-YA-YAP! Even Billy and Mandy after Evil Con Carne was dropped.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fosters, maybe... but KND has some of the best writing I've seen in years. The X-mas special (I call it X-mas for a reason) had a brillaint send up of Marvel comics, even mocking the purple prose of Stan Lee (mimicking his True believers line). Plus the scripts were written by one Mo Willems, my favorite animator (or one of them).

I feel shows need quality refferences like that. Look at Jimmy Neutron... the dog is named after the guy who created Rocket Fuel. And another episode reffered to Death of a Salesman, calling a salesman robot "The Willy Loman 3000." it's all on the level of "Ruby yacht of Omar Kayam" type stuff that you don't get right away, and I feel those are the best jokes. They don't need to fart or make poop jokes like other shows.

Personally I'll take all the new CN cartoons over the live action filth that Disney calls "entertainment." How many Lizzy McQuire and Home Alone knock offs do we need? At least I can sympathise with animators of even the crappiest cartoons, since they actually had to go to school and learn to draw ultrarealistic stuff they'll never use (Cuz I did). I feel I could do better, sure, but the last bastions of cleverness died when KND and Billy and Mandy were kicked off. Camp Lazlo is just a sore reminder Rocko's modern life is gone. That's it.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
AFV, Arthur (sometimes), I think Arthur is better then is was for a little bit there.

But I love Craig McCracken shows!

Cartoon Network shows Cartoons? *Gasp!*

My brother was upset that they were showing "Angles in the Outfield" earlier today. LOL!