Show That Have Overstayed Their Welcome

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
But I digress... when Homer got to the point of rediculously stupid, it killed the character. But I still want to get as many BK Simpsons movie figs as possible.
Yup. Me and a friend were discussing the simpsons and we both agreed with that. He is just too stupid now and it just ruined him.

And I still will see the movie though. I personaly hope they release the wathces again. I had all of them except the bart one, but they unfortunalty got lost when we move. Dolls would be good too. My only complaint is that they look like they had bad plastic surgury (No one is that happy, even the simpsons)

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Here is my list of shows that overstayed their welcome
Adventure time [just old now]
SpongeBob SquarePants same reason
The Simpsons same reason
American Idol same reason

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I disagree, but then again, I'm in a minority, I actually like Tom Bergeron (I was surprised by the number of people who actually dislike him).

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Tom Bergeron's not the problem with me, I think he does an all right job with the material's he given. I just think the videos aren't very funny.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My problem with AFV, and I'm sure I've mentioned this before, is that the baby videos ALWAYS win... it doesn't matter what the other two finalists are, they're almost always ten times funnier, yet the cute lil' baby doing some lil' something that all babies do, yet somehow because it's on video it's funny, wins out every time.

Granted, there are occasional funny baby videos: the old "Quad Squad", those four babies laughing simultaneously at the funny noises their dad makes, or that little girl that bursts into tears when her dad suddenly lets out a loud belch, or that little tot who plays the crying game whenever the mom keeps walking into the other room... but other than that, this is America's FUNNIEST Home Videos, not America's Cutest Baby Videos.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Tom Bergeron's not the problem with me, I think he does an all right job with the material's he given. I just think the videos aren't very funny.
Youtube successfully defeated the purpose of the series. It just seems to be just there now because of how cheap it is to make.

As for shows that need to go. Seriously, put the reruns of Sonic X away! Release the series on DVD again under a new company as 4Kids went under, and just... just let it go. it's been on the air uninterrupted since 2005, and it only lasted 2 seasons. It's a ratings hit and kids love it, but please just put something else in its slot. Seriously... Saban stopped showing reruns of Power Rangers to get a second episode in. Saban! Power Rangers is the dude's pet franchise. I don't hate the show, I did kinda like it, but it needs to step aside and be retired. Also, we really need to get a new Sonic based series out there. Something new and fresh instead of the same almost decade old reruns.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Youtube successfully defeated the purpose of the series. It just seems to be just there now because of how cheap it is to make.

As for shows that need to go. Seriously, put the reruns of Sonic X away! Release the series on DVD again under a new company as 4Kids went under, and just... just let it go. it's been on the air uninterrupted since 2005, and it only lasted 2 seasons. It's a ratings hit and kids love it, but please just put something else in its slot. Seriously... Saban stopped showing reruns of Power Rangers to get a second episode in. Saban! Power Rangers is the dude's pet franchise. I don't hate the show, I did kinda like it, but it needs to step aside and be retired. Also, we really need to get a new Sonic based series out there. Something new and fresh instead of the same almost decade old reruns.
Ditto for Power Rangers.

Another show that keeps re-appearing: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; TMNT reminds me of The Land Before Time franchise in terms of excessive longevity, with TLBT consisting of 13 films, and even (gasp!) a TV series that aired on Canada's YTV and CN for one season in 2007.

As for TMNT, its first run lasted from 1987-1996, followed by Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation, a live action spin-off which was cancelled after one season, and reruns currently air on the Hub.
The TMNT would make a guest crossover appearance on Power Rangers in Space.

The next incarnation of TMNT lasted from 2003-2009 on 4Kids before moving to the CW4Kids for the final season; the most recent version debuted on Nick in September 2012 where it continues to the present day.....

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't see how TMNT can't be a franchise like Batman. Batman has been in like 4 TV shows at least in the past 10 or so years (Justice League, The Batman, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and the upcoming Beware the Batman). People still love to think in terms of "TMNT was a stupid funny show from the 80's" rather than "TMNT was a respected comic book that was turned into a cartoon 3 times."

Besides, it makes a crapload of money with almost each incarnation (the live action one had viewers, but it was too expensive to produce). Even now, the toys are flying off the shelves.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I can't see how TMNT can't be a franchise like Batman. Batman has been in like 4 TV shows at least in the past 10 or so years (Justice League, The Batman, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and the upcoming Beware the Batman). People still love to think in terms of "TMNT was a stupid funny show from the 80's" rather than "TMNT was a respected comic book that was turned into a cartoon 3 times."

Besides, it makes a crapload of money with almost each incarnation (the live action one had viewers, but it was too expensive to produce). Even now, the toys are flying off the shelves.
Yeah, TMNT 4ever. As you said, nobody seems to know (or care) that TMNT started as a comic book, and a very good comic book at that. Moreover, the original comic was a parody of Frank Miller's amazing take on Daredevil, and was just as gritty and violent. Heck, Matt Murdock appears in the first issue; they don't mention him by name, but it's clearly meant to be him, or a reference to him. But yeah, the new show has proven to be just as popular as the other incarnations, proving TMNT's durability.