Sex and Violence

BEAR

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:
Wasn't Ernie the one Bert was dancing with? I thought he was in a disguise or something.. because bert says, " You look familiar" and the person he dances with turns around and laughs to the camera.

Also, I thought Nigel was alright. Not that funny, but a good host...

Not sure whitch monster you're talking about. What segment is this in?
Bert's dancing partner laughed just like Ernie and had a similar look, but was pink. So I didn't really get it. It wasn't funny to me at all.

Ernie101

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Bert's dancing partner laughed just like Ernie and had a similar look, but was pink. So I didn't really get it. It wasn't funny to me at all.

You didn't like that?! Oh well, I thought it was hillarious. Maybe it's just me, but so far I have actually laughed out loud a few times.. :crazy:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I loved the once scene the EM band had, and they showed the swirls in Floyd's eyes. THAT was a cool effect.
I just about died at the coolness of that moment.
If someone had a picture of that, that would make my day.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:
You didn't like that?! Oh well, I thought it was hillarious. Maybe it's just me, but so far I have actually laughed out loud a few times.. :crazy:
I mean, of course I loved seeing Bert and Ernie (me of all people here at MC should) but because it wasn't Ernie or look like him very much at all, it wasn't very funny to me. I did enjoy Bert's "Some Enchanted Evening" though. Were there any other appearances by Sesame Street characters through out the series? I guess Big Bird was in a later episode, but were there any others? Oscar, Grover, Cookie, anybody?

Ernie101

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I mean, of course I loved seeing Bert and Ernie (me of all people here at MC should) but because it wasn't Ernie or look like him very much at all, it wasn't very funny to me. I did enjoy Bert's "Some Enchanted Evening" though. Were there any other appearances by Sesame Street characters through out the series? I guess Big Bird was in a later episode, but were there any others? Oscar, Grover, Cookie, anybody?

I understand, but I don't remember any more SS character appearances but other people have found things I haven't caught. So maybe somebody will know.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I loved the once scene the EM band had, and they showed the swirls in Floyd's eyes. THAT was a cool effect.
Those swirls were great! One of the highlights of the Mayhem band.

ryan

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Obviously, kermit was a regular on both shows, but besides that, Big Bird was in the episode with Leslie Uggums in season three, and Cookie Monster, Ernie, Bert, grover, The Count, and two anything muppets (come on! why two basic anything muppets? why not sherlock hemlock, biff, sully, guy smiley, simon soundman, oscar,.... oh, moving on...) appeared in the episode with marty Feldman in season five.

Seeing that ernie and berts cameo in the connie stevens episode, berts cameo (and a picture of big bird) in Sex And Volence, and various sesame street muppet images left in the pitch tape makes me confident that all appearances by Sesame Street characters on The Muppet Show (and muppet movies) will be left in on future DVD releases.

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Obviously, kermit was a regular on both shows, but besides that, Big Bird was in the episode with Leslie Uggums in season three, and Cookie Monster, Ernie, Bert, grover, The Count, and two anything muppets (come on! why two basic anything muppets? why not sherlock hemlock, biff, sully, guy smiley, simon soundman, oscar,.... oh, moving on...) appeared in the episode with marty Feldman in season five.

Seeing that ernie and berts cameo in the connie stevens episode, berts cameo (and a picture of big bird) in Sex And Volence, and various sesame street muppet images left in the pitch tape makes me confident that all appearances by Sesame Street characters on The Muppet Show (and muppet movies) will be left in on future DVD releases.

Well, I wouldn't expect Sesame Workshop having as much of a problem with letting them use/rerelease material with their characters as Disney would with Kermit appearing on Sesame Street again.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I actually liked the format of S&V better than TMS, I think the cutting from skit to skit was better than introducing each skit/fading into the next one. I think Kermit's a better host than Nigel, though.

S&V also didn't have much musical numbers, besides the Electric Mayhem singing "Love Ya To Death". I was fond of the "Films in Focus" scene, and wished it returned for TMS. One of my favorite parts was when it broke the fourth wall at the ending by panning out to the Muppeteers running around.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Sex and Violence was pretty good, but flaws were around.
Story: All Over the Place; the show was meant more for several one-note gags 5/10
Characters: Sam and Floyd show off how in depth they are, but Nigel, kinda bland 8/10
Humor: Mostly just one-note gags, but they are funny to an extent 7/10
Songs: Love Ya to Death, I love you to death, but not the best 9/10
Now here's a Rotten Tomatoes like review

Rotten Tomatoes: 70% Certified Fresh
While Sex and Violence has a weak story line that's all over the place and nowhere near the success of Jim Henson's The Muppet Show it has enough clever comedy to provide an above-average special.