Sesame Street Special "Sesame Street's 50th Anniversary Celebration"

datman24

Reaction score
Basically Big Bird and Snuffy were decorating the street sign to make it special for the anniversary. However, they didn’t tell anyone about it.
And I'm pretty sure tampering with street signs is illegal, LOL.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
-I'm glad pretty much every character got a little moment to shine, especially Telly and Baby Bear. Oh, and I loved the little scene with Julia, Gina, and Alan.

-Maybe wish there were some more of the humans, but I'm glad the established, classic ones got a moment to shine (well except Gordon). Poor Miles and Leela I guess, but Nitya looked so hyped whenever she was onscreen.
  • Yes to all of this. And on that scene with Gina, Alan, and Julia, it was so sweet! It was such a brief and simple thing, but it was somehow so perfect for all three characters. Really makes me miss having Gina around on the regular.
  • I know they hard a time limit but, I am really surprised Gordon didn't get a moment. I mean, he's arguably the most important human character in the history of the show, and for the longest time he and Maria were in practically every episode, it seems. So i'm a tiny bit bummed about that, but still nice to see him there.
  • Bob and Loretta's voices are still in fine shape after all these years. I thought Bob and Susan's reaction to Joseph getting the answer right to the One of These Things game was really cute.
  • Wasn't expecting that Horatio cameo, and Zoe's jacket! Cool that Stephanie got to play her fave character again, (especially since Prairie Dawn was sadly just a background character)
  • This is a minor thing but, would've been nice to see Papa and Curly Bear in the background, just because the other half of their family was there.
  • I definitely got emotional during Kermit's appearance

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Sesame Street's YouTube channel uploaded Welcome To The Party from the special.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
To be fair, Horatio wasn't exactly tailor-made for Joey like Murray was; even so, there were times where the puppet was used just as a generic elephant character, including a brief period of time where Marty performed the character, giving him an English accent, much like Monty.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
To be fair, Horatio wasn't exactly tailor-made for Joey like Murray was; even so, there were times where the puppet was used just as a generic elephant character, including a brief period of time where Marty performed the character, giving him an English accent, much like Monty.
Or the elephant elevator operator which was one of the rare times they’ve got Dave Goelz

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
This really could've been stretched to a feature length if you ask me.

Obviously fan service out the frickin' wazoo. Lots of goosebumps/chills/etc. We had a memein' good time watching this on discord, but how dare they discriminate those obscure characters by forcing them to sing in the alley! :laugh:

Kind of weird how Sherry was part of the obscure character group instead someone more recognizable.
Yeah, the obscure of the obscure lol. On discord we said Frazzle would've been a much better pick. It's odd Biff & Sully appeared but didn't have any lines considering Harvey and Don got some, and Lefty practically got a whole scene.

My viewing experience was interrupted at a key moment in the special last night, so I have to ask, what were the exact details in regards to the street sign returning?
My dad actually pocket-dialed me five times during the special and ruined it. 🤣 We have a link to the entire thing you can download or watch in your browser on discord if anyone's interested.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Yeah, the obscure of the obscure lol. On discord we said Frazzle would've been a much better pick. It's odd Biff & Sully appeared but didn't have any lines considering Harvey and Don got some, and Lefty practically got a whole scene.
Frazzle would’ve made a little more sense, however I do not know the puppet condition at this point.