Sesame Street Season 51 Episode 5112 - The Waiting Game

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"The Waiting Game" premieres on PBS this Monday October 11. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Season 51 episodes are also available to stream online at pbskids.org/sesame for a limited time.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder why I bother when no one ever replies to my posts, but oh well, I thought I'd give this a try.

The episode starts with an actually pretty amusing cold open where Elmo sets up the theme of games. Oscar overhears him, and lists his favorite Grouch games. Really the only problem I have with it is that the new Oscar puppet looks horrible, and unfortunately they use it here.
I noticed that too, but oh, well. Grouches actually like to look horrible.

They play like this until they eventually find Grover. Grover also places an order, which he must wait for as well.
You know, I was sort of expecting Fat Blue to show up and say to Grover, "See? Now you know how it feels."

I appreciate that they've been branding Hooper's products with Mr. Hooper's image.
They have? I'll have to look for that. I've really never noticed that.

Good episode overall and I could use that plan. My girlfriend and I get stuck in long lines a lot, so it would be nice to play a game while we wait, though I don't like the idea of running around, because first of all my girlfriend is handicapped so she can't do that anyway, secondly whoever heard of people running out of line and racing to the door? If you did that in real life, you'd lose your place in line. Though they did have a 'pick a number' system at Hoopers, but still running out of the store might make someone miss their number. Also, where the heck was Alan? If Chris was that busy, why was he the only one working in the store? Just a few things I've thought of.

Last edited:

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
If you did that in real life, you'd lose your place in line. Though they did have a 'pick a number' system at Hoopers, but still running out of the store might make someone miss their number. Also, where the heck was Alan? If Chris was that busy, why was he the only one working in the store? Just a few things I've thought of.
Good points. I can’t believe I didn’t realize that back in January.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Good points. I can’t believe I didn’t realize that back in January.
Thanks, Coolguy. It seems like you and Dwayne are the only ones that really pay attention to my posts here, and Wiley.

So I guess it's good that I'm still without HBOMax, so with me watching the eps on PBS now for the first time, it gives us a good opportunity to play "What did we miss before?"