Sesame Street Season 50 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
These pop-up videos list the original air dates*, but it would be cool if they would list the taping dates or even production code numbers. But I wonder if they're mainly looking at Muppet Wiki for info or if they're going into their own archival information.

One thing I thought would be cool this year, though it's too late to suggest it now: IF we don't get an special DVD release for the 50th anniversary (and we don't even know if there's plans for the upcoming special to get a DVD release), it would have been cool if all the regular casual market DVDs had a selection of bonus classic clips based around the theme of the video (of course Awesome Alphabet Collection has a good balance of classic clips and more recent stuff as part of the main program).

*The Rubber Duckie one lists the air date for the original version though it uses the season two version, and even acknowledges that as the second version, while the I Love Trash upload does list the air date for that version of the song, but doesn't really acknowledge that there'd been other versions of the song.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wait, other PBS stations do pledge drives? We stopped doing pledge drives fourteen years ago when all those religious and morality groups slashed our viewer funding for spreading propaganda about PBS shows brainwashing kids into the evil cult that is homosexuality, all over that POSTCARDS FROM BUSTER episode (that never aired) where Buster met a girl with two moms.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if that pledge drive special will be an alternate edit of the special we know about (like how Sesame Street Jam: A Musical Celebration was a re-edited version of 25 Wonderful Years: A Musical Celebration for pledge drive season). Either way, I guess this will be the first new Sesame Street pledge drive special since their 25th anniversary.

I had been hoping there would be a special DVD release for the 50th anniversary, similar to 40 Years of Sunny Days, but now if we're getting two anniversary television specials, it might be overkill to have three DVDs for the anniversary. Of course it's never been said, hinted, or implied that there would be a DVD, and it's never been confirmed or anything that the television specials would get a DVD release. Of course they could release the two specials together on DVD, maybe as a "double feature" or with one as a bonus feature (and/or maybe a big selection of full bonus clips).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I wonder if that pledge drive special will be an alternate edit of the special we know about (like how Sesame Street Jam: A Musical Celebration was a re-edited version of 25 Wonderful Years: A Musical Celebration for pledge drive season).
The article seems to imply they are different specials.

Status
Not open for further replies.