Sesame Street Season 50 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Eh, I wouldn't want to see Zoe get phased out completely yet, even if Abby pretty much took over her role as the main girl Muppet.

Regarding Baby Bear, I think his diminishing appearances could also do with how committed David is with Cookie Monster now, especially with the popularity he's gotten in the recent years, and also mind that we don't really have the rest of Baby Bear's family to support him anymore (since Joey and Alice left).

Eh, I wouldn't want to see Zoe get phased out completely yet, even if Abby pretty much took over her role as the main girl Muppet.
Yeah. I don't think Zoe would have been recast after Fran's retirement if they were going to phase her out. Why we haven't seen/heard Jen as Mama Bear I don't know, except in the Band Episode but she didn't have a speaking part there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's honestly starting to become less and less relevant, with characters like Zoe, Rudy, Ernie and Bert gradually making more appearances, and recurring characters like Grundgetta, Herry, and Mumford coming back.
It's like all of the changes they were making back in Season 46 that resulted in Joey leaving have all been completely moot.

Granted, we are still seeing considerably less parodies, and the older castmembers haven't been appearing in new material on the series proper (outside the series in a different story), but we still have the celebrities, and it really doesn't seem like this so-called "Core Group" concept has really stuck either.

DatH

Reaction score
Kind of a little concerned over the next 5 years for Sesame regardless though........

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's like all of the changes they were making back in Season 46 that resulted in Joey leaving have all been completely moot.

Granted, we are still seeing considerably less parodies, and the older castmembers haven't been appearing in new material on the series proper (outside the series in a different story), but we still have the celebrities, and it really doesn't seem like this so-called "Core Group" concept has really stuck either.
The "core group" thing is definitely there still, especially in the marketing. It seems very clear now that the stars are Elmo/Abby/Cookie, with emphasis on folks like Big Bird, Grover and Rosita (and maybe Oscar, Ernie and Bert for good measure). All the rest seem like just supporting players.

And they never said "no more celebrity guests." It was just less of them, which is certainly clear.

The show is much less funny, though, IMO. That's certainly something Joey had a better influence over. Even season 46 seemed lacking in humor under his helm, which is something that must have come from over Joey's head; there's no way those Smart Cookies bit would be as unfunny as they were without someone preventing it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And they never said "no more celebrity guests." It was just less of them, which is certainly clear.
I didn't mean to imply that they did, but, at least to me, it doesn't seem like there's been less of the celebritiies. Maybe there is, but it doesn't seem as noticeable as the scaling back of the parodies.

mbmfrog

Reaction score

Maybe it's also due to the fact that it's the 50th anniversary and slowly, but surely they're returning all of the classic characters back in time for the anniversary special ?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Something just popped into my mind: what if all the clips shown in the mashups we've gotten on SS's YouTube channel so far would be released commercially this year, be it full episodes or stand alone inserts? I mean...thinking about some of the rare clips we saw in the mashups, surely they'd be released commercially at one point!

You all can call me crazy if you want, but it's just an idea.

hooperfan

Reaction score
As long as the vaults are in good shape, I always have hope more treasures will unearth. We've been blessed in these last 20 years, with Noggin, the Old School sets, the videos that were on the official website (sadly no more), and the official YouTube channel.

Not even taking in account the other materials that fans and collectors provided as well.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
As long as the vaults are in good shape, I always have hope more treasures will unearth. We've been blessed in these last 20 years, with Noggin, the Old School sets, the videos that were on the official website (sadly no more), and the official YouTube channel.

Not even taking in account the other materials that fans and collectors provided as well.
The videos on the official website are gone now?

Status
Not open for further replies.