Sesame Street Season 50 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Lately I've lost my spark for Zoe, so that's more or less why I claimed that I wouldn't mind her getting phased out.

Also, I thought Jennifer was Mama Bear's performer nowadays...
Oohhh yeah, I forgot about that. I just remembered her as one of Alice's characters for some reason. (Sorry, I haven't really seen any episodes with the bear family since Jen took over long ago)

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Oohhh yeah, I forgot about that. I just remembered her as one of Alice's characters for some reason. (Sorry, I haven't really seen any episodes with the bear family since Jen took over long ago)
Zoe is one of those characters like Gonzo where it was all a creation of Fran and it’s hard to replicate that spark.

I think Jen stopped doing Mama Bear after a while because, of projects like Between The Lion and Avenue Q

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I know that's why what few "major" characters Stephanie had, like Elizabeth and Lulu, suddenly stopped appearing after Season 33.

But, I don't know if we can put it all on that . . . I mean, a majority of the characters that we ended up knowing them as were the creations of their respective performers, yet they're in newer and capable hands: Caroll turned Big Bird from the brainless bumpkin Jim envisioned into the lovable and relatable everychild that was needed on SS, yet Matt has done a decent job in replicating that; Kevin turned Elmo into the high-voiced, giggling, love-machine that he is today, yet Ryan has done an excellent job at replicating that.

Yes, it's hard to achieve it well, let alone achieve it at all, but it's not impossible . . . we just have to keep reminding ourselves that while the performers may not stick around forever, the characters will continue to live on in spite of it.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I recently remember that Sesame Workshop is starting to have a core family of characters. I could see why Baby Bear got cut.
That's honestly starting to become less and less relevant, with characters like Zoe, Rudy, Ernie and Bert gradually making more appearances, and recurring characters like Grundgetta, Herry, and Mumford coming back.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
That's honestly starting to become less and less relevant, with characters like Zoe, Rudy, Ernie and Bert gradually making more appearances, and recurring characters like Grundgetta, Herry, and Mumford coming back.
But on the same token, they’re having less fairytale and one shot characters

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Thought up another idea that would make a great DVD/digital release or official online collection, though I don't know what kind of title it could have, but wouldn't it be cool if Sesame Workshop put out a special compilation of various songs that were part of a street plot as opposed to being inserts?

There's quite a few great ones, not to mention so many that haven't been seen in years (like the original "Sing" with Bob and Miguel, or the second version of "Sing" with Susan and Miguel, or.... actually, the show has had several renditions of "Sing" that weren't repeated in other episodes), not to mention all the rare renditions of songs from episode 900. And there are a lot of good ones that aren't exactly rare as well.

Hmm, I wonder if such a release would/should include segments that premiered as part of a street story but later got repeated as stand-alone inserts (like "I Just Adore Four", "Put It in the Trash Can", and "This Song is For the Birds").

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Today's classic clip posted online was Rubber Duckie, with pop-up facts, as part of a series of uploads called "Sesame Street Rewind".

I hope more of these go online. I wonder what else will come soon (my guess would be C is for Cookie).

I'm glad they actually acknowledged that the classic season 2 version was the second version of the song, though it lists the original air date for the first. Considering the first was acknowledged, it's a shame they didn't put that one online.

Status
Not open for further replies.