Sesame Street Season 5 Episode 637 - Electric Company Meets Sesame Street

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 637 - Electric Company Meets Sesame Street
HBO Max Premiere: Wednesday May 27, 2020

Early in the morning, Big Bird greets the viewers and says his job today is to make sure things are quiet for everyone who's still asleep. Then, Millie, the milk delivery person from Electric Company asks what's going on. Big Bird tells her. She thinks they will need more help to keep everything quiet. She loudly calls out, "Hey You Guys!" and she disturbs and wakes up many of the sleeping neighbors. She realizes her mistake, and splits. Next, a delivery man delivers stacks of newspapers to Hooper's Store as The Count counts to 1,253 newspapers! David is shocked to see this and wonders who could buy up all these newspapers. Easy Reader strolls by and purchases them all after reading the headlines "Gorilla Escapes from Electric Company" and "Naomi Found and Lost Again."

1974 | 57 MIN

Please note, this is the first time this episode has been commercially released since it's original broadcast.

Watch on HBO Max

Muppet Wiki Guide

If you've seen "Electric Company Meets Sesame Street" on HBO Max please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
It really sucks that I can't get HBO Max in my region, I've been waiting a LONG time to see this episode

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So far, I have seen a note on one segment being cut, from episode 637. Then again, that's an episode that the wiki previously didn't have full video material for (as far as I know - you never know what episodes they have until the screenshots are made!), so maybe that was cut from HBO Max and maybe it was in the script provided but didn't make the final cut.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I can see the reason for the HBO edit on Episode 0637. It was the "V for vitamins" segment. It is not an appropriate segment for young children, considering many vitamin tablets are not for children - except for maybe Flintstones vitamins.

I wonder if the "D for dart" segment will also be edited out of episodes they originally aired in?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I can see the reason for the HBO edit on Episode 0637. It was the "V for vitamins" segment. It is not an appropriate segment for young children, considering many vitamin tablets are not for children - except for maybe Flintstones vitamins.

I wonder if the "D for dart" segment will also be edited out of episodes they originally aired in?
So the edits are the same then.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I don't think the edits are the same as in the original broadcast. The "V for vitamins" segment was likely an edit on HBO's part, due to usage of pills, which could be perceived the wrong way, plus it would be a bad influence for the modern-day target audience.

I am sure the segment likely did get aired on the original broadcast's final cut, and the segment was perhaps acceptable in the 1970s, unlike today.

I did discover, on the guide for Episode 1146, the James Earl Jones episode, there was a segment that referenced a certain colored boy accompanied by Bosco the bear, and the boy briefly appearing nude upon entering the bath. I'd be shocked if HBO kept that segment intact.

Last edited:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I don't think the edits are the same as in the original broadcast. The "V for vitamins" segment was likely an edit on HBO's part, due to usage of pills, which could be perceived the wrong way, plus it would be a bad influence for the modern-day target audience.

I am sure the segment likely did get aired on the original broadcast's final cut, and the segment was perhaps acceptable in the 1970s, unlike today.
That makes sense then.

scarecroe

Reaction score

I swear, sometimes the comments here are like walking into a conspiracy theorist's den.

"V for vitamins" wasn't cut because anyone's being sensitive about pills. The segment was repeated over 30 times and shown as late as 1994. Also, it's intact in Episode 1707 which is also on HBO Max.

The more likely scenario is that it wasn't in the original broadcast at all (despite its listing in the script; that happens sometimes), or it was simply cut because it unnecessarily breaks up the two street scenes.

Please consider the influence you have on people reading your speculative comments.