Sesame Street Season 3 Episode 330 - Fix-It Shop Opens

dvakman

Reaction score
I had a sense this would happen.

"SW, put more classic episodes out!"

"Okie doke!"

"...do more!"
Wow, that's pretty rich coming from a guy who already has access to all the episodes for free.

In case you haven't noticed, HBO Max is a paid subscription service. I personally pay $14.99 a month for it. That adds up to $179.88 per year. I assume the poster you're referring to, SuperAJ71, is paying that amount as well. The post was was politely worded, incidentally, and I detected no sense of entitlement from it. Is it so unreasonable for those of us paying customers who don't have access to the CTW motherlode to hope that more is on the way?

Sorry, I first read this post a week or so ago, and as a long time member and mostly a lurker, I tried to bite my tongue, but this really got my goat.

BTW, I greatly value the work your team does and fully understand why you can't allow the materials you've accumulated to circulate. I get that. But I really can't stand the kind of smug, "uberfan" attitude I'm seeing here, and perhaps I've overreacted, but I see this increasingly in so many other areas of online fandom and I'm going to call it as I see it. Sorry, off the soapbox, back to lurking mode for another 18 years.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The post was was politely worded, incidentally, and I detected no sense of entitlement from it. Is it so unreasonable for those of us paying customers who don't have access to the CTW motherlode to hope that more is on the way?
I wouldn't necessarily call a post with a mere three words much of anything.

Certainly, one can hope more is on the way. But I've seen posts around here asking for every episode, people on the Wiki bothering others for video (beyond just Sesame stuff). I don't see it as entitlement, I see it as being unsatiated until they have everything at their figner tips.

I did not intend to come off as "smug, "uberfan". Yes, I am lucky to be able to see the footage I'm seeing, but by that point I had already had some worn-in weariness of others just asking for things with little regard beyond their own interests.

dvakman

Reaction score
Well, he (or she) did say "please"! :stick_out_tongue:

Fans will be fans. Fair enough. The word "fan" is derived from "fanatic", after all. But from your envied position, it's a small price to pay, surely? By posting in forums and elsewhere, you maintain a rather public profile, and given the attention your great work naturally attracts from fans, these requests should hardly come as a surprise to you. Is it really that much of a burden that you're carrying? I mean, it can't be that difficult to simply ignore the requests, or humor them, or simply take it all with a grain of salt, that this just goes with the territory of what you're doing (sorry if I'm mixing metaphors here). There's certainly no need to take it personally.

At the end of the day, it's impossible to know the reasons why many people crave access to episodes from a 50+ year old children's show. Don't automatically assume that others' motives are less noble than your own. There's no need to paint everyone by the same paintbrush, after all (now I've run out of metaphors)! Just 3 cents of advice from (I'm assuming) an older fan, take it or leave it.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Nah, you're probably right. But, I've also been cold-called by someone who looked up my home phone on WhitePages and asked me if I knew the names of other Sesame YouTubers, so you can't blame me for being wary of these kinds of things.

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
In case you haven't noticed, HBO Max is a paid subscription service. I personally pay $14.99 a month for it. That adds up to $179.88 per year. I assume the poster you're referring to, SuperAJ71, is paying that amount as well. The post was was politely worded, incidentally, and I detected no sense of entitlement from it. Is it so unreasonable for those of us paying customers who don't have access to the CTW motherlode to hope that more is on the way?
(No need to come back out of lurking; it's all good.)
If mine was indeed one of the messages being referenced (I'm guessing there were three different ones in total), a punctuation symbol for paraphrase might've been more fitting, but since Ernie and his cave persons haven't invented it yet, I'm not sweating it. The spirit of my comment was simply to express a universal plea among the rest of us. – P.S.: Yes, I am paying the same amount.

datman24

Reaction score
Nah, you're probably right. But, I've also been cold-called by someone who looked up my home phone on WhitePages and asked me if I knew the names of other Sesame YouTubers, so you can't blame me for being wary of these kinds of things.
That's quite disturbing. It's this sort of thing why I never like to give away my full name in certain parts of the internet.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Same here also. I never give my real name due to security reasons. The last thing I want is for someone to call all the way from the U.S. in pursuit of SST episodes or clips.