Sesame Street Records Returns

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I hope they can try and make sure any unreleased tracks are studio recordings / masters and not like some of the stuff from Songs of the Street which just rips the audio straight from the air (so you get all the sound effects and whatnot).
As I mentioned previously, Sesamstrasse did that with practically every song they released on CD/cassette...so I kind of won't be surprised if it happens with an American CD.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I saw a press release that mentioned "All Time Favorites", not sure if that's intended as a line of releases like the recent "letters" line or just a stand-alone release, but I have been thinking about it, as if it were a series of character spotlight releases. I know some of the recent "letters series" albums were character spotlights, but I'm thinking better character spotlight albums.

I'm thinking maybe have a few familiar songs that have been released on many albums (mainly their best-known songs that casual fans would expect to be included, even if they've been on more albums than any other song) and then primarily other songs that haven't had an audio release (though would really rare songs have a real place on an "All-Time Favorites" album?).

A few wishlist examples of what I have in mind:

Elmo's All-Time Favorites
1. Elmo's Song
2. Elmo's Ducks
3. Happy Tapping
4. Dancing (with Alicia Keys)
5. Hot and Cold (with Katy Perry... surely they wouldn't object to including the audio on an album)
6. Share (the version with Zoe)
7. Elmo's Riding
8. The Elmo Slide
9. Elmo's Got the Moves
10. A Monster Went and Ate my Red Two (with Elvis Costello)
11. Celebrity Lullabies (with Ricky Gervais)

And maybe a few selections from Elmo: The Musical (or maybe that segment series could get its own album compilation).

Bert and Ernie's All-Time Favorites
1. One and One Make Two
2. Rubber Duckie
3. Doin' the Pigeon
4. But I Like You
5. My Rock
6. Imagine That
7. Don't Throw That Trash on the Ground
8. Bert's Blanket
9. When Bert's Not Here
10. Things That I Remember
11. Share (the version with Ernie and Elmo)
12. Somebody Come and Play
13. Imagination (either of the two versions with Ernie and Bert)
14. Sleep
15. Change the Plan
16. This is How I Roll
17. El Duckito
18. The Bert and Ernie of Sesame Street

(hmm, I wonder if "Rubber Duckie" and "Doin' the Pigeon" should be the same versions released everywhere, or if it'd be better to include the disco versions from Sesame Street Fever)

Cookie Monster's All-Time Favorites
1. C is for Cookie
2. What is Friend?
3. Cookie
4. Gingerbread Man
5. If Moon Was Cookie
6. You Make Me Love You
7. The First Time Me Eat Cookie
8. Goodbye Little Cookie
9. Healthy Food (the version with Wylan Jean)
10. A Cookie is a Sometimes Food
11. Me Am What Me Am
12. Share It Maybe
13. Me Want It (But Me Wait)
14. Good Things Come to Those Who Wait
15. The Cookie Monster Nosh

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last night I posted a wishlist of potential "All Time Favorites" albums, and now I see that the albums have already been released and their contents on the wiki.

So they're "All-Time Favorites 1" and "All-Time Favorites 2", and it seems like they're primarily re-organized versions of Platinum All-Time Favorites and Platinum Too.

The official press release was exciting, but these releases seem just as disappointing as the other recent ones. It's natural to include the stuff that's been on so many albums, it's disappointing they didn't at least include some post-1998 songs, but some of the choices are weird, mainly things like "The Macarena" and nursery rhymes from various albums.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I hope they can try and make sure any unreleased tracks are studio recordings / masters and not like some of the stuff from Songs of the Street which just rips the audio straight from the air (so you get all the sound effects and whatnot).
I always thought that they did that because YouTube didn't exist yet at the time.