Sesame Street Old School Outlines

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Great outline as always, I’ve been curious on this: who are some of your favorite characters to put in outlines?

cjd874

Reaction score
Great outline as always, I’ve been curious on this: who are some of your favorite characters to put in outlines?
I love writing for Big Bird, Oscar, Cookie Monster, Grover, the Count, and the Amazing Mumford. They're such distinctive personalities that always beef up each of my outlines, just like they did in the actual episodes. For human characters, I'd have to say that I often use Maria, David, Olivia, and Bob.

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 266 features Big Bird, Oscar, Mr. Snuffleupagus, Herry Monster, Biff & Sully, Luis, Mr. Hooper, Maria, and Susan! Plus, Ernie and Bert go to the movies, and Grover serves Mr. Johnson two hamburgers.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 266

Season 7: Big Bird and Snuffy play Simon Says/The adults imagine switching jobs

Sponsors: T, X, 7

Scene 1: In the early hours of the morning, Luis greets the viewer and prepares to open the Fix-It Shop. But he can’t find the correct key because it’s still too dark outside. Herry Monster passes by on his morning jog and Luis asks for help. Herry says that Luis needs more light and begins yelling at the sun to rise. Luis shushes him so that the neighbors won’t wake up. Then Luis realizes that the lamppost has a light on top, so Herry goes over to the lamppost and starts yanking it out of the ground! Luis quickly stops him and says that he’ll stand by the lamppost and find the right key to unlock the shop. Then Herry sees Mr. Hooper trying to unlock his store. Herry helps by yanking the lamppost out of the ground and bringing it to an astonished Mr. Hooper.

Cartoon: A man needs to find a light switch in the dark. Upon turning on the light he finds himself face-to-face with a monster!

Cartoon: Alphonso and his Trained X’s

Muppets: Ernie and Bert go to the movies, where a woman with a large hat blocks Ernie’s view

Film/Song: “One Foot, Two Feet” (film montage of animal feet; music by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: Poverty X

Scene 2: Oscar watches as Biff and Sully jackhammer the street. Oscar tells them that he loves watching them work, and that he wishes he were a construction worker. Biff says that he and Sully feel happy whenever they’re building houses or fixing things like streets. Oscar balks: “I thought you guys like to WRECK things, not FIX things! What a letdown. Forget I ever said anything about being a construction worker.” As Biff and Sully resume their work, the adults (Mr. Hooper, Susan, Luis and Maria) start complaining about the noise and debris. Their griping delights Oscar: “On the other hand...I may have changed my mind!”

Film: A magnetic crane

Cartoon: T is for Typewriter and Toe

Film: T is for Tunnel

Muppets: Sesame Street News Flash - Kermit interviews characters from Hey Diddle Diddle (Natalie the cow and her feline manager who plays the fiddle)

Cartoon: T is for Top (animation by Cliff Roberts)

Cartoon: Counting 20 peacock feathers

Film: A big man and a little man make music together

Muppets: Cookie Monster presents the EXIT sign

Film/Song: Henson #7

Scene 3: Mr. Hooper and the kids play “Three of These Things” with three ice cream sodas and a can of beans.

Muppets: Ernie has a bandage on his face. When Bert asks what happened, Ernie says that he had an “X-ident.”

Cartoon: Brand X

Film: Close-up footage of pigs

Muppets/Song: Sherlock Hemlock sings, “X Marks the Spot”

Cartoon: The Story of Cowboy X

Cast: Maria (as Charlie Chaplin) tries to outwit a quick-moving EXIT sign

Film: The Mad Painter #7

Cartoon: Oxen pull big, bigger, and biggest rocks

Muppets/Celebrity: Lena Horne sings the Alphabet Song with the Anything Muppets

Scene 4: Big Bird, Mr. Snuffleupagus, and the kids play Simon Says. When Snuffy takes his turn, he says, “Simon says raise your snuffle.” Big Bird points out that nobody else has a snuffle, but Snuffy says they can use their arms instead.

Film: A group of children build a road in the sand on the beach (set to a jazz score)

Cartoon: A man blows seven bubbles

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #7

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper’s “X” trick

Cartoon: X is for X-Ray (speech balloon)

Muppets: Caveperson Days - King Ernie and his caveman friends want to leave the cave, so the Royal Smart Person (Sherlock Hemlock) invents the EXIT sign

Film/Song: “Everybody Eats” (by Joe Raposo)

Muppets: Waiter Grover serves Mr. Johnson a hamburger

Cartoon: A polar bear looks for the EXIT sign

Scene 5: Maria, Susan, and Mr. Hooper imagine what it might be like if they switched jobs. Susan imagines herself as a store owner, Maria imagines being a nurse, and Mr. Hooper imagines himself as a repairman.

Cartoon: T is for Television

Muppets: Cookie Monster and the Count cooperate to count and eat seven cookies

Film: T is for Toes

Cartoon/Song: “That’s About the Size of It” (by Bud Luckey)

Scene 6: Luis, Susan, and Maria play soccer with the kids. Big Bird and Mr. Snuffleupagus announce the sponsors. SS sign still: David and a kid. CTW sign still: Ernie and Bert.

CAST:
Emilio Delgado as Luis
Will Lee as Mr. Hooper
Loretta Long as Susan
Sonia Manzano as Maria
Caroll Spinney as Big Bird and Oscar

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:
Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, Harvey Kneeslapper, AMs
Jerry Nelson as Herry Monster, Biff, Mr. Snuffleupagus, the Count, Sherlock Hemlock, Mr. Johnson, AMs
Richard Hunt as Sully, AMs
Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 267 features Big Bird, Oscar, Mr. Hooper, Maria, and David! Plus, Harvey Kneeslapper fills a closet with toys, Ernie tricks Bert out of his snack, and Little Jerry and the Monotones perform an all-time classic song.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 267

Season 6: Big Bird becomes too busy doing favors

Sponsors: H, O, 5

Scene 1: The cast shows “H” words. Mr. Hooper eats a hamburger, David and the kids hop, Oscar shows a large trash heap, and Maria gives Oscar a hug.

Muppets/Song: Little Jerry and the Monotones perform “Telephone Rock”

Film: Letter H hoist

Cartoon: H is for Hello (shown twice in English & Spanish)

Muppets: Bert makes Ernie clean up the apartment (part 1)

Cartoon: Country Fiddler #5 - Funny Farm (by Bud Luckey)

Muppets: Bert makes Ernie clean up the apartment (part 2)

Film: The Mad Painter #5

Scene 2: Maria and the kids play “One of These Things” with three H’s and a number 5.

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #5

Muppets/Song: An Anything Muppet sings, “Five People in My Family”

Scene 3: Mr. Hooper draws a circle around his head (via on-screen tele-strator) and says, “O!” David and Big Bird follow suit until all three faces are framed by an O.

Celebrity: Peggy Fleming skates a letter O

Cartoon/Song: “1-2-3-4-5”

Cartoon: Spanish O words

Muppets: Cookie Monster goes to the bakery for something that rhymes with “buy.” He eats a letter I and the baker’s tie, but he can’t remember what he originally wanted. When Guy Smiley enters to order a pie, Cookie realizes what he wants to eat...GUY!

Cartoon: Two solid lines cooperate to cross each other’s paths

Muppet/Kid Moment: The Count asks Ingrid to count to 20 in Spanish

Scene 4: Big Bird has nothing to do, and is sitting on the stoop of 123 Sesame Street. David approaches him and asks if he’d mind sweeping the leaves in the courtyard. Big Bird agrees while David gets his package ready to mail at the post office. Just as Big Bird gets up, Maria comes and asks Big Bird to help her move boxes from her apartment to the sidewalk. Big Bird hesitates, but finally says yes. While Maria goes inside to get the first box, Mr. Hooper calls Big Bird from his store, needing somebody to watch the store while he makes a delivery. Big Bird tells the viewer that now he wishes he didn’t have anything to do.

Muppets: Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School - Morty Moot Mope

Cartoon: Sand H/h

Scene 5: Big Bird has become so overwhelmed by the work he’s taken on that he hasn’t done anything yet. The adults notice Big Bird having a nervous breakdown, and comfort him. Big Bird finally reveals that everybody asked him to help with different tasks in different locations, and he doesn’t know whom to help first. David realizes the mistake, and suggests that they all take turns. First, Big Bird and Maria will watch Hooper’s Store while David mails his package and Mr. Hooper makes his delivery downtown. Then Mr. Hooper and David will run the store, and Big Bird and Maria will sweep the yard together.

Cartoon: H is for Horseshoe

Muppets: Ernie & Bert attempt to share grape juice and pizza

Film: Kids ride their bicycles at the zoo

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper’s “OPEN” prank backfires (3-part sketch)

Cartoon: Would you mind closing our OPEN?

Cartoon: O is for Open (speech balloon)

Film/Song: “Dressed Up” (by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: Country Fiddler #5 - Funny Farm (repeat)

Cast: David plays a clown who goes through several OPEN doors, each one smaller than the last one

Cartoon: 30 dots (one dot keeps turning red)

Scene 6: Oscar and the kids talk about parts of the face. Oscar says that the mouth is only good for frowning, but the kids tell him that mouths are for eating, talking, singing, humming, and smiling...which disgusts Oscar.

Muppets: A pair of teeth looks for a job at an employment agency

Cartoon: H is for Hair

Film: A mailman delivers mail on horseback

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #5 (repeat)

Scene 7: Oscar and the kids sign off and announce the sponsors using their grouchiest voices. SS sign still: Mr. Hooper. CTW sign still: Susan, Bob, and the Count.

CAST:
Northern Calloway as David
Will Lee as Mr. Hooper
Sonia Manzano as Maria

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:
Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Harvey Kneeslapper, AMs
Jerry Nelson as the Count, Little Jerry, AMs
Matt Robinson as Roosevelt Franklin (voice only)
Richard Hunt as AMs
Jim Henson as Ernie, Guy Smiley, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 268 features Big Bird, Oscar, Bert, Cookie Monster, Susan, Gordon, Mr. Hooper, Maria, and David! Plus, Ernie gets an emotional phone call, Guy Smiley hosts the Weather Show, and Herbert Birdsfoot and Grover show the "OP" word family.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 268

Season 5: Bert writes a story/Oscar’s NO Machine

Sponsors: B, L, 4

Scene 1: In the nest area, Big Bird and the kids play “One of These Things” with three pairs of roller skates and a pair of snowshoes. Afterwards, the kids take the roller skates to go skating.

Cartoon: Elephants have four legs

Muppets/Song: Bert and Ernie sing “La, La, La”

Cartoon: L is for Light (repeated afterwards in Spanish)

Film: A seahorse (music by Joe Raposo)

Muppets/Cast: Bob reads “The King and the Fireman”

Celebrity: Carol Burnett counts to 20 while experiencing a variety of emotions

Cartoon: L is for Lunchbox

Scene 2: Bert reads the viewer a story he’s written: “The Prince and the Pigeon.” A royal couple (played by Gordon and Susan) challenge a foreign prince (David) to find three hidden pigeons in a large painting, in order to marry the lovely princess (Maria). The prince eventually finds the pigeons and all ends happily. Back in reality...Maria, Gordon, Susan, and David approach Bert curiously and he begins to read the story to them.

Cartoon: Jack and the B-Stalk

Film/Song: Henson #4

Cartoon: B is for Butterfly (speech balloon)

Muppets: The Amazing Mumford shows Grover his rhyming trick

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #4

Scene 3: Susan, Mr. Hooper, and the kids name several words that rhyme with “BAND.” They come up with hand, sand, land, and grand. Then they introduce the next segment.

Muppets/Song: Two Muppet kids sing the “Word Family Song” for the OP sound

Cartoon: L is for Lips

Cartoon: L is for Ladder

Film: “Fireman, He’s Ready to Go!”

Muppets: Ernie and Bert’s emotional phone call

Scene 4: Cookie Monster asks Mr. Hooper for a cookie. Mr. Hooper says that he just sold the last box of cookies, and offers him some doughnuts instead. Cookie isn’t amused: “Come on Mr. Hooper, me not the Doughnut Monster! Me the Cookie Monster...that common knowledge! What me going to do without cookies?” Mr. Hooper asks Cookie Monster if he’s ever tried a doughnut before. Cookie looks around cautiously and whispers, “No.” Mr. Hooper takes out a box of doughnuts for Cookie to try. Cookie takes one bite, grins, and devours the rest of the box. “Thank you for TASTY doughnuts, Mr. Hooper. You do deliveries, right?” (ending music as Mr. Hooper chuckles and pats Cookie’s head affectionately)

Film/Song: B is for Bubble

Cartoon: B is for Bongo, Beat, Bandit, and Bottles

Muppets/Song: Bip Bippadotta and the Anything Muppets perform, “Fat Cat”

Cartoon: What if my hair was grass?

Film: Lions walk down a trail

Cartoon: B is for Bear, Bicycle, Bump, Branch, and Bees

Muppets: Guy Smiley hosts “The Weather Show”

Cartoon: A janitor sweeps up footprints. Afterwards, a large caterpillar walks through and leaves more tracks!

Film: The Mad Painter #4

Cartoon: Elephants have four legs (repeat)

Scene 5: Oscar shows David, Maria, and Gordon his Automatic NO Machine. It answers any and all friendly questions (“Are you happy to see me? Isn’t it a lovely day?”) with a “NO” card. The adults turn the tables on Oscar’s machine with a bunch of trivia questions (“Who was the sixth President of the United States? What is the capital of Michigan? Where does the A train stop? Why is the sky blue? When did the moon landing happen?”), which short-circuits the machine.

Cartoon: Scan-imate Count to Four (by Jim Henson)

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #4 (repeat)

Muppets: Herbert Birdsfoot and Grover discuss words that rhyme with OP

Cartoon: A man teaches his dog how to read the word “sit”

Film: Jack rabbit

Muppets: Herry Monster plays a trick on Ernie involving a “NO” sign. Herry gives the sign to Ernie, who tries to pull the same trick on Bert. But Bert turns the tables on Ernie and fools him instead!

Cartoon: L is for Lunchbox (repeat)

Scene 6: Afternoon activities - Susan pushes a kid on the tire swing, Maria and David chat on the stoop of 123 Sesame Street, Mr. Hooper gives a bag of trash to Oscar, and Gordon pulls two kids in a red wagon up the block. Cookie Monster announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Big Bird. CTW sign still: Gordon.

CAST:
Will Lee as Mr. Hooper
Loretta Long as Susan
Sonia Manzano as Maria
Bob McGrath as Bob
Hal Miller as Gordon

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:
Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, AMs
Jerry Nelson as the Amazing Mumford, Herry Monster, Herbert Birdsfoot, AMs
Jim Henson as Ernie, Guy Smiley, Bip Bipadotta, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 269 features Oscar, Bob, Susan, and Gordon! Plus, Don Music and Kermit rewrite a beloved children's song, Ernie and Bert go to the beach, and Grover competes on Beat the Time.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 269

Season 8: Oscar plans for a vacation

Sponsors: G, Y, 9

Scene 1: Bob asks the kids what their favorite songs are. He explains what a songwriter’s job is, and then introduces the next segment.

Muppets: Don Music rewrites “Row, Row Row Your Boat” with help from Kermit and Chris & the Alphabeats

Film: Closeup of a bell pepper

Cartoon: Y is for Yo-Yo (speech balloon)

Cartoon: The Yellow Yahoo

Scene 2: Oscar is miserable. Bob asks what’s wrong, and Oscar says that he’s tired of being on Sesame Street all the time. “Bob, it’s the same old thing every day...I wake up, I drink an anchovy smoothie, and then I sit here and complain until I go to sleep. Rinse and repeat! And everybody’s always bein’ nice to one another...yuck! Nothing ever changes here, and I think I need a change.” Bob suggests that he could go on a vacation, and explains what that means. Intrigued, Oscar starts thinking about where to travel.

Film: Antelopes nod in response to the word “YES” on-screen

Cartoon: A man carves a “YES” and puts it on display

Muppets: Ernie and Bert go to the beach. Bert has brought many things for his trip, but Ernie only has an umbrella in case it rains...which it does!

Film: Ice-skating competition (take 2)

Cartoon: Pinball Number Count #9

Cast: Dandy David uses potted plants to demonstrate addition

Film: Closeup of a head of cabbage

Scene 3: Gordon and Susan see Oscar reading a travel book, and they find out that Oscar wants to go on vacation. Oscar peruses the book, but none of the destinations interest him: “Miami...too sunny. Philadelphia...too brotherly. Chicago...hm, their city dump looks intriguing.” The adults hope that Oscar will find a good place for his vacation.

Film: Three kids spell out the word “BUS” on their notecards

Cartoon: G is for Goat and Grass

Film: African animals wander through a plain

Muppets/Song: The Anything Muppets sing, “How Do You Get from Here to There?”

Cartoon: The Old Woman Who Lived in a Nine

Cartoon: Letter G drawing (with child VO)

Film: A Latino child goes to school (“A la luna no voy yo” background song)

Muppet/Kid Moment: Herry Monster and John-John talk about loud and soft

Scene 4: Bob, Susan, and Gordon see Oscar packing a suitcase, and they deduce that he’s finally about to go on vacation. The adults try to guess where Oscar is planning to visit, but all of their guesses are wrong. Oscar reveals that he’s going to Hackensack, New Jersey for his vacation. Susan: “Oscar, you could go anywhere in the world and you’re choosing to go to Hackensack?” Oscar: “Sure, to a Grouch ANY place is better than this!”

Cartoon: Here comes the bus!

Muppets: An Anything Muppet brings his broken BUS (the word) to a mechanic’s garage for repairs

Film: The Mad Painter #9

Cartoon: Y is for Yak, You, and Yes

Film: Closeup of an onion

Muppets: Ernie tricks Bert into playing a sound guessing game

Cartoon: A boy shows off his pet letter Y

Cartoon: The word BUS is spelled out in an outline of a bus

Scene 5: Gordon, Susan, and the kids play, “Here Are Some Things” using three beach balls and a football.

Cartoon: One of These Things (small and large footprints)

Muppets: A cowboy counts to 10, and an echoing voice repeats the numbers in Spanish!

Cartoon: A gorilla who knows G words visits the employment agency

Muppets: Guy Smiley hosts “Beat the Time” with Grover as his contestant. Grover has to find five things that contain milk so he brings cheese, butter, ice cream, and two cows!

Film: A lobster fishing boat

Cartoon: Sand G/g

Cartoon: B-U-S! We’re on the bus!

Film: Closeup of a tomato

Muppets: Cookie Monster shares a cookie with a sad-eyed little girl

Cartoon/Song: An Indian guru counts from 1-20 (shown twice, in English and Spanish)

Scene 6: Oscar boards the bus to Hackensack, and everyone on Sesame Street says goodbye. Unfortunately, the bus breaks down seconds later. Oscar is delighted by the pouring smoke, the awful racket from the conked-out engine, and the passengers’ complaints so he decides to take his vacation right there! Oscar: “What a wreck! What a dump! This is the worst bus I’ve ever been on...and it’s the PERFECT place for my vacation. This is the change I’ve been looking for all along. Be still, my heart.” As the neighbors walk away from the broken bus, Susan and Gordon announce the sponsors. SS sign still: Maria. CTW sign still: Ernie and Bert.

CAST:
Loretta Long as Susan
Bob McGrath as Bob
Roscoe Orman as Gordon
Caroll Spinney as Oscar

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:
Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, AMs
Jerry Nelson as Herry Monster, AMs
Richard Hunt as Don Music, AMs
Christopher Cerf as Chris (voice only)
Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, Guy Smiley, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 270 features Big Bird, Oscar, Luis, Maria, Mr. Hooper, and a slew of Jerry Nelson characters! Plus, Gordon rides his bicycle, Ernie paints a portrait of Bert, and Kermit interviews Little Miss Muffett.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 270

Season 9: Big Bird asks Mumford to make Snuffy appear/Mr. Hooper’s blender

Sponsors: A, N, 6

Scene 1: Luis, Maria, and the kids identify Simon Soundman’s transportation sounds: a bicycle, a car, and an airplane. Luis asks for the sound of a boat, so Simon lets out a booming foghorn noise that shakes the street.

Muppets: Grover’s rowboat, part 1 - Grover’s monster friends all get in on one side of the boat, sinking it

Cartoon/Song: “Lowercase n”

Muppets: Grover’s rowboat, part 2 - Grover’s friends get in on the opposite side, which sinks the boat again

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy - N is for Nose

Muppets: Grover’s rowboat, part 3 - Grover tells half of his friends to sit on one side of the boat, and the other half to sit on the other side. With an evenly balanced boat, they row away happily singing “Row Row Row Your Boat.”

Film: The letter N is nice (things that start with N)

Muppets/Cast: Bob sings, “The People in Your Neighborhood” with a male florist (Frank Oz) and a female electrician (Jerry Nelson)

Cartoon: Pinball Number Count #6

Cartoon: The Queen of Six (stop-motion animation by Jim Henson)

Muppets: Ernie paints a portrait of Bert, but he’s added curly hair, glasses, and a beard to Bert’s face. Bert gets angry until Ernie says he can fix the problem. Ernie puts a fake wig, beard, and glasses on Bert...now the portrait looks just like Bert!

Scene 2: Big Bird is defending Mr. Snuffleupagus’s existence to Maria and Luis, without success. As he sulks away, he bumps into the Amazing Mumford. Big Bird gets an idea and asks Mumford if he can make Snuffy appear. Mumford doubts it, since he’s never heard of a Snuffleupagus. After Big Bird describes Snuffy’s features, Mumford tries it twice without success. After Mumford departs, Big Bird enters his nest area and sees Snuffy! Snuffy: “Bird, I was just about to eat my spaghetti and cabbage when all of a sudden, I ended up here, as if it were MAGIC.” (Big Bird does a stunned take to the camera)

Cartoon: A magician tries to make six circles disappear

Cartoon: A is for Ape (speech balloon)

Film: Geese and their goslings

Muppets: Guy Smiley hosts the Mystery Mix-Up Game (the secret word is SCHOOL)

Cartoon: Tiger goes to SCHOOL

Film: The Mad Painter #6

Cartoon: I’m SIX years old today!

Muppets/Song: Frazzle and the Frazzletones perform, “Frazzle”

Insert: Gordon rides his bicycle through the streets of New York

Cartoon: A witch tells some kids a story full of A words

Cartoon: A man presents an alligator, which starts with A

Film: An exercise instructor does some stretches with a group of children

Scene 3: Mr. Hooper serves Herry Monster six glasses of milk. Herry says he drinks lots of milk to get stronger...which he accidentally proves by breaking the door off its hinges.

Cartoon: Nancy the Nanny Goat

Muppets: Sesame Street News Flash - Kermit interviews Little Miss Muffett, who acts differently than in the nursery rhyme. Then, the spider arrives and scares Kermit away.

Cartoon Jack-in-the-Box School

Cast: Maria, David, Susan, and Luis play surgeons who use various tools to perform an operation. At the end, they reveal that they were fixing a motorcycle!

Muppets: Ernie asks Bert to watch his block tower, but the Count shows up and takes apart the tower to count the six blocks

Film/Song: “I’m Pretty” (by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: The Country Fiddler - Six Snails (by Bud Luckey)

Scene 4: Mr. Hooper discovers that his electric blender has gone kaput. He calls Luis over to see if it can be fixed. Luis arrives and starts working on it.

Cartoon: Arthur and Annie look for things that start with A

Scene 5: Luis is unable to figure out what’s wrong with the blender. Maria enters the store for a chocolate milkshake, but Mr. Hooper says that he can’t make any milkshakes without a working blender. Maria asks if she can try fixing it, and the men agree that she should try. Soon, Maria successfully fixes the blender! Mr. Hooper: “Thank you so much, Maria! How can I ever thank you?” Maria smiles: “Well...I did order a chocolate milkshake, Mr. Hooper…” Everyone laughs.

Muppets: Prairie Dawn presents a pageant about the face (featuring Ernie, Herry Monster, Cookie Monster, Bert, and Grover)

Scene 6: Oscar teaches the kids how to count to 20 in their loudest, grouchiest voices.

Film: Counting 20 airplanes taking off

Cartoon: Sand N/n

Scene 7: Just before closing time, Mr. Hooper wants to make himself a vanilla milkshake with his newly fixed blender, but finds that he’s all out of milk. Gladys the Cow shows up to offer her services. Mr. Hooper says that he doesn’t know how to milk a cow, but Gladys scoffs and gives him a quart of milk instead! Gladys: “That’ll be ten cents, please.” Mr. Hooper sighs and gives Gladys a dime as Big Bird announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Maria. CTW sign still: Luis.

CAST:
Emilio Delgado as Luis
Will Lee as Mr. Hooper
Loretta Long as Susan
Sonia Manzano as Maria
Bob McGrath as Bob
Roscoe Orman as Gordon

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:
Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, AMs
Jerry Nelson as the Amazing Mumford, Mr. Snuffleupagus, Herry Monster, Simon Soundman, the Count, Frazzle, AMs
Richard Hunt as Gladys the Cow, AMs
Fran Brill as Prairie Dawn
Jim Henson as Ernie, Guy Smiley, Kermit, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 271 features Big Bird, SAM the Robot, the Count, Sherlock Hemlock, Susan, Bob, Luis, and Mr. MacIntosh! Plus, Maria builds a tall block tower, Ernie bothers Bert at the movies, and Cookie Monster assists Kermit with a lecture about "through."

Sesame Street Old School Outline 271

Season 6: The Count counts people who are busy/Bob’s missing watch

Sponsors: J, O, 2

Scene 1: Big Bird, Susan, and the kids imagine what it would be like if they lived in the desert, the jungle, and on the moon.

Muppets: Bert accuses Ernie of stealing his cookies, describing someone with Ernie’s features. The culprit turns out to be Cookie Monster disguised as Ernie!

Film/Song: “Where Does the Garbage Go?”

Muppets: Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School - The Doghouse Story

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #2 (played in English & Spanish)

Scene 2: Mr. MacIntosh and Luis present various fruits in English and Spanish: apples - manzanas, grapes - uvas, strawberries - fresas, oranges - naranjas, and bananas - platanos.

Cartoon: Spanish O words

Muppets: Juanita takes her brother to the barbershop

Film: A Cinco de Mayo celebration

Scene 3: SAM the Robot tries to dust the shelves in the Fix-It Shop, but he characteristically bungles his effort.

Film/Song: Henson #2

Cartoon: Construction Workers’ Lunch Box Alphabet Song

Cartoon: “2” Train

Film/Song: “J Jump” (by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: J is for Jam (speech balloon)

Muppets: Cookie Monster helps Kermit demonstrate the word “through”

Film: The doll factory

Cartoon: The J Family Jamboree

Cartoon: Sand J/j

Film: Kids watch a silent film of a woman in a burning house who has to find the EXIT

Muppets: Super Grover helps Freddy Smith find the EXIT

Scene 4: The Count is standing around feeling bored. He observes Luis, Susan, Mr. MacIntosh, Big Bird, and the kids doing their chores. The Count decides to count people who are busy. When Bob asks the Count for help, the Count replies, “Bob, can’t you see that I am busy?” Bob: “Busy? With what?” Count: “With counting, of course! It’s the most important job on Sesame Street that I can possibly think of!”

Cartoon: Rolling O song (animation by the Hubleys)

Muppets: Ernie and Bert go to the movies, where Ernie’s loud snacking bothers everyone. Bert loses his temper and shouts at Ernie to be quiet, prompting the usher to show up...and throw out Bert for yelling!

Film: Animal body part shout-out

Cartoon: O is for Orange (animation by Bruce Cayard)

Muppets/Song: Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats perform “Exit”

Cast: Maria assembles a block tower that matches the first one she sees

Cartoon: The Country Fiddler - Toucan Two-Step (by Bud Luckey)

Film: How pizza is made

Muppet/Kid Moment: Herry Monster and John-John show loud and soft

Cartoon: The numbers 1-20 line up for an army roll call under Sergeant Zero’s supervision

Scene 5: Bob is looking for his misplaced watch. Sherlock Hemlock arrives to help him. Bob describes it as small and round, and Sherlock returns with a button. Bob adds that it is made of metal, so Sherlock brings back a quarter. Then Bob realizes that he left his watch in his jacket resting on the chair behind him. Once Bob finds it, Sherlock takes credit for solving the case.

Cartoon: A lost boy meets the Yo-Yo Master

Muppets: Ernie dresses up four talking pink balls so that they can identify themselves (son, mother, father, and mailman)

Film/Song: “Two is You and Me” (by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: Jenny, Jeff, and the Jacket

Cartoon: J is for Jam (repeat)

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper’s confetti bucket prank backfires

Film/Song: Doll House #2

Scene 6: Luis, Susan, and the kids wave to SAM the Robot as he wheels around Sesame Street. Bob announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Oscar and the Count. CTW sign still: Maria and Bob.

CAST:
Emilio Delgado as Luis
Loretta Long as Susan
Sonia Manzano as Maria
Bob McGrath as Bob
Chet O’Brien as Mr. MacIntosh
Caroll Spinney as Big Bird

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:
Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, Harvey Kneeslapper, AMs
Jerry Nelson as the Count, Sherlock Hemlock, Herry Monster, SAM the Robot, AMs
Matt Robinson as Roosevelt Franklin (voice only)
Christopher Cerf as Little Chrissy (voice only)
Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 272 features Big Bird, Oscar, Herry Monster, the Count, Barkley, David, Olivia, and Gordon! Plus, Herbert Birdsfoot gives a lecture on over and under, and Ernie and Bert sing about their feelings.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 272

Season 10: Oscar’s addition & subtraction trick/Big Bird attempts to show over and under

Sponsors: I, T, 9

Insert: Bob and Gladys the Cow sing, “Here Are Some Things” with some sheet music

Cartoon: I is for Ink (angry bird falls into an inkwell)

Film: Dolphins swim together

Muppets: Guy Smiley hosts “The Addition Game” with Herry Monster as the contestant.

Film: Cold things that begin with I

Cartoon/Song: Martian Beauty #9 (by Bud Luckey)

Scene 1: Oscar shows Olivia, David, and Gordon a trick where he can add and subtract at the same time. Oscar adds three pieces of stinky cheese one by one, causing the adults to walk away one by one holding their noses. Oscar: “Voila! That’s addition AND subtraction at the same time! What a great trick, huh? Eat your heart out, Doug Henning.”

Cartoon: A boy adds two and one in his head, and gets three as the answer

Cartoon: Adding ladybugs and lizards

Muppets: Ernie and Bert plan to eat peanut butter and bread separately. Eventually they share the ingredients and cooperate to make peanut butter sandwiches.

Film: A dirty car gets cleaned at the car wash

Cartoon: Billy Jo Jive and the Mystery of the Missing Wig

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper’s “I” prank

Cartoon/Song: “We All Live in a Capital I”

Film: A flock of sheep crosses a river

Scene 2: Gordon sees Herry Monster sitting alone. Herry explains that some friends wanted him to play football with them, but he didn’t feel like it and just wanted some time alone. Gordon explains at length that sometimes people need to be alone to relax or think about things. It’s perfectly normal. Herry: “Thanks Gordon, but there’s just one thing I have to ask you...do you mind leaving me alone now?”

Cartoon: T is for Television

Film: T is for Toes

Cartoon: Pinball Number Count #9

Muppets: Kermit helps Don Music rewrite the words to “Yankee Doodle”

Cartoon: The T Poem (narrated by Bob Arbogast)

Cartoon: Sand T/t

Muppets: Ernie plays “Touch Your Face” with the viewer

Cartoon: T is for Top (animation by Cliff Roberts)

Film: A giant panda walks around

Muppets/Song: A Casanova-type Muppet sings, “I Want to Hold Your Ear” to his uninterested girlfriend while removing her facial features

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #9

Scene 3: Big Bird attempts to teach “over” and “under” by asking Barkley to jump over a pillow and crawl under a table. But Barkley stays put...that is, until David tempts him with a nice juicy bone!

Film: The Mad Painter #9

Muppets/Song: Bert sings, “Doin’ the Pigeon”

Cartoon: A boy adds three and one in his head, and gets four as the answer

Cartoon: Capital I...he’s quite a guy!

Muppets: Herbert Birdsfoot discusses “over” and “under” by heaping several heavy objects onto his assistant Grover

Cartoon: Five stripes cooperate to make a circle

Cast: Nine people (David, Luis, Maria, and six kids) rearrange themselves

Cartoon: A dot bounces on top of a lowercase “i”

Muppets: Cookie Monster sounds out the word “FOOD” and eats the letters

Film/Song: “Share In Your Fun with Another Someone”

Cartoon: Poverty Pictures’ T segment

Scene 4: Olivia and Gordon present some “T” objects: teeth, top, truck, and tire swing. Then they notice Barkley sleeping and they say, “T...tired!”

Cartoon: A boy adds four and one in his head, and gets five as the answer

Muppets: Ernie and Bert sing, “Feelin’ Good, Feelin’ Bad”

Cartoon: 30 dots (perfect take)

Scene 5: The Count says that it’s time to say goodbye, so he says it one time. Then he repeats himself over and over just to count the goodbyes. Oscar bluntly cuts him off by shouting, “GOODBYE!” Olivia announces the sponsors. SS sign still: the Anything Muppets. CTW sign still: Mr. Hooper.

CAST:
Emilio Delgado as Luis
Sonia Manzano as Maria
Bob McGrath as Bob
Roscoe Orman as Gordon
Alaina Reed as Olivia

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:
Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, Harvey Kneeslapper, AMs
Jerry Nelson as Herry Monster, the Count, Herbert Birdsfoot, AMs
Richard Hunt as Gladys, Don Music, AMs
Brian Meehl as Barkley
Jim Henson as Ernie, Guy Smiley, Kermit, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 273 features Big Bird, Oscar, Cookie Monster, Grover, the Count, Herry Monster, and the whole human cast! Plus, Sherlock Hemlock helps Ernie solve the case of the broken window, and Simon Soundman goes to the store for a saw.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 273

Season 5: Big Bird looks for a birthday gift for Mr. Hooper

Sponsors: E, V, 4

Scene 1: Big Bird greets the viewer and tells the viewer that Mr. Hooper’s birthday is coming soon. He plans to get him a surprise birthday present, but he’s not sure what to get. But he says that asking questions is a good way of finding things out, so he’ll ask everyone on Sesame Street for advice.

Cartoon: The Villain in the Panama Hat

Film: A peacock struts around and spreads out its feathers

Muppets: Ernie guards a plate of cookies that he’s baked for himself, but Beautiful Day Monster uses various disguises to steal most of them. Bert comes in, thanks Ernie for saving him the last cookie, and takes it.

Cartoon/Song: The Country Fiddler - Four Big Lions (by Bud Luckey)

Cartoon: Vitamins give vigor to a droopy V (animation by the Hubleys)

Scene 2: Big Bird goes to the Fix-It Shop and asks Luis, David, and Cookie Monster for suggestions for Mr. Hooper’s birthday present. Luis suggests a set of tools, David recommends a radio, and Cookie proposes a box of cookies. Big Bird thanks them and heads out to find more people with suggestions.

Muppets: Guy Smiley hosts “What’s My Letter” with Prairie Dawn as the contestant. The mystery letter is E…

Cartoon: E is for Erase

Cartoon: E is for End

Film: Close-ups of people with earrings

Muppets/Song: Little Jerry and the Monotones perform, “Sad”

Cartoon: I am crying/estoy llorando (David and Maria voiceovers)

Scene 3: Big Bird asks the Count and Bob for advice. Bob suggests a book, but the Count suggests an abacus. Big Bird realizes that he’s gotten a lot of suggestions, but he still doesn’t know what to get for Mr. Hooper.

Film: The Mad Painter #4

Cartoon: Elephants have four legs

Cartoon: E is for Elephant and Elk

Muppets: Cookie Monster presents an egg, which he swallows whole!

Film: Sometimes to get where you need to go, you need a bridge…

Muppets: The Anything Muppets shout, “E” as a giant E appears on-screen

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #4

Muppets: Sherlock Hemlock helps Ernie solve the mystery of the broken window

Scene 4: Big Bird asks Susan, Gordon, Grover, and Herry Monster for advice. Susan suggests a watch, Gordon mentions a book, and Grover suggests a “cute little teddy bear.” Herry Monster thinks that Mr. Hooper needs a few large cinder blocks for his birthday. Big Bird feebly thanks his friends, and walks away feeling overwhelmed.

Cartoon: Imagination V (Venus, violin, valentine, vampire, vegetables, volcano)

Cast: The Alphabet Dancers form the letter V with their bodies

Muppets: Simon Soundman goes to the general store to buy a saw

Cartoon: V limerick poem

Film/Song: Henson #4

Muppets: Ernie “shares” a banana with Bert by keeping the banana for himself and giving Bert the peel

Scene 5: Big Bird stands in front of his doors going over what everybody said, but he still isn’t closer to making a decision on what to get for Mr. Hooper. Maria overhears Big Bird’s fretting, and after he explains his problem, she tells him that he doesn’t have to do exactly what other people suggest...he should do what he thinks is best. Big Bird thanks Maria for helping him make his decision and leaves to get a present for Mr. Hooper.

Cartoon: E is for Eel

Muppets: Herry Monster and Grover look for triangles

Film: Triangle-shaped objects in everyday life

Cartoon: A boy explains why his dog’s name is Happy

Muppets/Song: Oscar sings “I Love Trash” (season 4 version)

Cartoon: Imagination E: “E...E...See me...eating a peach” (animation by the Hubleys)

Film/Song: “Families” (by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #4 (Spanish dub)

Muppets: The Count asks Ingrid to show him count to 20 in Spanish

Cartoon: E is for Erase (repeat)

Scene 6: Everybody on Sesame Street has gathered for Mr. Hooper’s birthday party. Maria brings a blindfolded Mr. Hooper to the table, where everyone is waiting. When Mr. Hooper takes off the blindfold, everyone sings the birthday song and Susan and Gordon bring out a cake. Big Bird declares that he wants to give his gift to Mr. Hooper first, and he gives Mr. Hooper a hand-drawn portrait of the two of them. Mr. Hooper is touched by the gift, and hugs Big Bird. Everybody begins to play and eat cake as the Count announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Maria and Luis. CTW sign still: Oscar.

CAST:
Emilio Delgado as Luis
Will Lee as Mr. Hooper
Loretta Long as Susan
Sonia Manzano as Maria
Bob McGrath as Bob
Hal Miller as Gordon

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:
Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, Beautiful Day Monster, AMs
Jerry Nelson as the Count, Herry Monster, Simon Soundman, Sherlock Hemlock, Little Jerry, AMs
Fran Brill as Prairie Dawn
Jim Henson as Ernie, Guy Smiley, AMs