Sesame Street Episode 847 with Margaret Hamilton

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
You just made this up, right?

I refuse to believe the FBI would get involved in something as trivial as an obscure Sesame Street episode when there are actually real problems in this world.
And yes, I just made that up as a joke just to make fun of that leaker for breaking the copyright rules of internet leaks. XD

Also, whoever wanted to see that footage for so long– y'all better hope you saved it on your harddrives, cuz unless the workshop manages to release it on HBO or for consumer purchase, no more copies of this footage will surface online soon. ;D

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In the end, the truth is, this episode is only popular because of its status of being removed off the air by force.

Any episode with a generic plot like, I dunno, Baby Bear and Telly Monster singing the alphabet in every single street scene being taken off by force and never being allowed again would get the entire fandom up in the air of wanting to see it. It’s just a fact at this point. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Any episode with a generic plot like, I dunno, Baby Bear and Telly Monster singing the alphabet in every single street scene being taken off by force and never being allowed again would get the entire fandom up in the air of wanting to see it. It’s just a fact at this point. 🤷🏿‍♂️
Really? I think this episode is a specific instance. I don't really even think that many people care about the divorce episode tbh; like yes, it's a coveted piece of lost media, but it's not even close to the same league as 847.

So it's just gotta have a good reason for being removed, and the more scandalous the better. "Scary kids shows" are pretty much the holy grail of the lost media community: look how big Cracks and Clock Man were. It's like how could you let something on the air and eventually be so ashamed of it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That’s fair. No I totally get what you’re saying with that. The plot with the witch makes it more exciting. I just feel like any segment or episode with the word “lost” or “banned” with sources saying a master tape no longer exists or a skit or episode was taken out of rotation by force automatically puts everyone on edge.

For instance - I find if we didn’t have an upload of “I Want a Monster to Be My Friend” today, everyone would be OBSESSING over it

minor muppetz

Reaction score
if the episode wasn’t withheld from future airings, I think there’d still be an audience of fans interested in seeing it, as it features a character from The Wizard of Oz, played by the same cast member. Crossover episodes are exciting.

interesting that lost episodes were brought up. Ever since Muppet Wiki was able to confirm what episodes were lost, I haven’t really seen many fans clamoring for those particular episodes to be found. Maybe the fans are more accepting that we may never get to see those episodes because they are not in Sesame Workshop’s vaults. Some of those episodes do sound interesting to me, but for the most part, most of the lost episodes don’t seem that notable. There are a few that were fairly high on my wishlist to see, but the revelation that some such episodes really are lost didn’t give me a thought worse than “dang, it’s a shame that one’s lost”.

scarecroe

Reaction score
most of the lost episodes don’t seem that notable.
I'm sad about the first appearances of Slimey and Linda both being lost.

And I think there are other notables in there, too. Like one of only two appearances of proto-Maria, the only two guest appearances made by Cleavon Little (one of which has Big Bird building a rocket which sounds really fun), and three Pete Seeger episodes (one which has a song about MLK).

There's also an episode where Molly (Charlotte Rae) sings "Believe in Yourself" to a little girl that I was really hoping to see, and the lost episode where Jesse Jackson performs "I Am - Somebody" (which we've all see on DVD) has two other orations by him that I'd like to see. I'd be bummed about the lost Mudman episode if we hadn't found some episodes with him recently, but there's a version of "Sing" we'll never get to see, and some other assorted musings.

So, not all 60 of them are notable, but there's some significant stuff in there, IMO.

mariolover

Reaction score
I'm sad about the first appearances of Slimey and Linda both being lost.

And I think there are other notables in there, too. Like one of only two appearances of proto-Maria, the only two guest appearances made by Cleavon Little (one of which has Big Bird building a rocket which sounds really fun), and three Pete Seeger episodes (one which has a song about MLK).

There's also an episode where Molly (Charlotte Rae) sings "Believe in Yourself" to a little girl that I was really hoping to see, and the lost episode where Jesse Jackson performs "I Am - Somebody" (which we've all see on DVD) has two other orations by him that I'd like to see. I'd be bummed about the lost Mudman episode if we hadn't found some episodes with him recently, but there's a version of "Sing" we'll never get to see, and some other assorted musings.

So, not all 60 of them are notable, but there's some significant stuff in there, IMO.
What if the master tapes for the lost episodes still exist somewhere near the Sesame Street archives or somewhere else, but they were just misplaced? Then there is hope of them being recovered.