Sesame Street Episode 847 with Margaret Hamilton

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I wish I could have pointed a camera at the audience to catch their reactions.
Oh, so you were there too? Gavry said someone was pointing a camera at the screen a couple rows in front of him. 😂

wiley207

Reaction score
Audio - Link removed out of respect for Sesame Workshop and The Jim Henson Legacy
Yup, that's definitely how Margaret Hamilton's voice sounded around that time. Not that much different from "The Paul Lynde Halloween Special" I've often brought up here.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
There were 2 things in the audio I noticed that I have to talk about, the first thing I noticed that probably scared the kids (and I personally found a little creepy) was the creepy voodoo music that plays near the beginning and also it seems that when she was plotting her next evil plan she talks to the viewer so that must have been creepy too

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Not cool, man. Craig Shemin made a point to ask that there be no recording or reporting on the event due to legal reasons. Not that anyone should be recording during an event anyway.
Short answer: while it’s not worth the risk of a ridiculous fine or consequence, whatever it may be, you can’t expect everyone to listen. That’s just how the human mentality works.

ToughPigsJoe

Reaction score
Short answer: while it’s not worth the risk of a ridiculous fine or consequence, whatever it may be, you can’t expect everyone to listen. That’s just how the human mentality works.
I get that. But still, it's not cool. You wouldn't film in a movie theater or Broadway show, would you? And it's not fair to Craig or Stephanie or the good folks at the Jim Henson Legacy and MOMI. In the end, it's potentially damaging for any future rare screenings they may want to do because the fans can't be trusted to keep their phones in their pockets.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I get that. But still, it's not cool. You wouldn't film in a movie theater or Broadway show, would you? And it's not fair to Craig or Stephanie or the good folks at the Jim Henson Legacy and MOMI. In the end, it's potentially damaging for any future rare screenings they may want to do because the fans can't be trusted to keep their phones in their pockets.
No I agree completely. I’m never someone who tries to take advantage of a once in a lifetime event that someone is going out of their way to kindly host for us. But unfortunately, there’s always going to be the bad apples that will do whatever they can to get their way.