Sesame Street Episode 847 with Margaret Hamilton

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Seems like the divorce episode would fit the bill as well.

This is kind of like a dream event for lost media hunters; I'm surprised they're doing something like this, then again it could be underwhelming and feature none of this stuff.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't want to turn this thread into a thread about the other event, especially since we really don't know that it will be part of it (but didn't somebody on this forum say that Craig Shemin said somewhere that this was being considered for a special screening of rare Sesame Street stuff), and I don't know if the Muppet Central forum has a thread for Museum of Modern Images events, but it is interesting about how the event will be stuff that aired only once or twice, makes me wonder if, in the case of inserts, they meant they were only in one or so episodes, or if they were actually cut from reruns of those episodes (well, I know a lot of season 29-32 episodes had segments replaced for the summer reruns).

The only link I know of is a forum post from Shane at Toughpigs, recounting what was said at a previous event: http://forums.delphiforums.com/toughpigs/messages/?msg=17990.2

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Now hold on, remember things maybe disappointing it could be something like bits that were outdated. Like something related to disco.
Just because it's outdated material doesn't mean it's disappointing. I am a fan of disco, especially disco on Sesame Street. Of course with it mostly being stuff that just aired once or twice (or not at all), I doubt they were pulled just because they were outdated (what would be the chance that a segment aired once, then didn't air again until many years later and THEN got pulled for being outdated?).

Or did you mean it'd be disappointing if the reason for the segments being pulled was because they are outdated, as opposed to something else?

I wonder if this screening will include anything that happens to be included on the upcoming 50 Years and Counting set. Not too sure if anybody involved with the screening is aware of the DVDs contents. But then again, there's plenty of rare stuff to not overlap.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Just because it's outdated material doesn't mean it's disappointing. I am a fan of disco, especially disco on Sesame Street. Of course with it mostly being stuff that just aired once or twice (or not at all), I doubt they were pulled just because they were outdated (what would be the chance that a segment aired once, then didn't air again until many years later and THEN got pulled for being outdated?).

Or did you mean it'd be disappointing if the reason for the segments being pulled was because they are outdated, as opposed to something else?

I wonder if this screening will include anything that happens to be included on the upcoming 50 Years and Counting set. Not too sure if anybody involved with the screening is aware of the DVDs contents. But then again, there's plenty of rare stuff to not overlap.
The show may have retired "Disco D" after Season 12, but there were still disco-themed segments shown in subsequent seasons. According to Muppet Wiki, they aired the "Disco Snuffy" insert as late as February 1984. "ABC Disco" and "Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco" were definitely shown in the 1980s, many years after disco's popularity fizzled out. I am quite surprised they never continued airing "Disco D" despite the plethora of disco-themed segments aired in, say, 1984.

There still may have been a chance of "Disco D" being shown in Seasons 14 or 15, if rarely. Though I do know, as per Muppet Wiki, it was never shown in Season 13.

Last edited: