Sesame Street Classics HBO Max Rollouts

minor muppetz

Reaction score
For HBO Max and Discovery+ to merge next summer, that probably explains the lack of fresh classic episodes since April.
There haven’t been that many times when more classic episodes have been added (seems like at least once a year) and April was only a few months ago.

ssetta

Reaction score
I do have to say that if they end up getting rid of most of the classic episodes when this happens, I'll be wicked upset. This actually kind of reminds me of when Noggin got rid of Sesame Street Unpaved. I know it was 20 years ago, but I literally thought it would be the end of the world. And I feel like what we have on HBO Max now is the closest thing we've had to Unpaved since then. I will admit there isn't much I love more than classic Sesame Street, and when it gets taken away, I almost feel like a relative is being taken away from me.

But there's a difference here. Noggin mostly got rid of it because ratings weren't good, and this was live TV, and there's only 24 hours in a day and they wanted to focus on newer programming. But why would that be an issue with streaming? Would it be taking up space there? Do they care about ratings?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
There are rumors from some sources stating that newer Looney Tunes series as well as series involving Hanna-Barbera characters (such as the upcoming Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Pups and new seasons of Jellystone!) may end up getting cancelled before they get released, and this is likely due to the HBO Max/Discovery+ merger. Makes me wonder what the future holds for new episodes of Sesame Street.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
If the older episodes of Sesame Street get dropped from HBO Max by next summer, it makes me wonder if the episodes could end up moving to YouTube. After reading bits and pieces of the thread about The Furchester Hotel getting released to YouTube, it kind of makes you wonder.

ssetta

Reaction score
If the older episodes of Sesame Street get dropped from HBO Max by next summer, it makes me wonder if the episodes could end up moving to YouTube. After reading bits and pieces of the thread about The Furchester Hotel getting released to YouTube, it kind of makes you wonder.
I guess it’s possible. There are some full episodes that were released to YouTube that never even made HBO Max.

datman24

Reaction score
There are rumors from some sources stating that newer Looney Tunes series as well as series involving Hanna-Barbera characters (such as the upcoming Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Pups and new seasons of Jellystone!) may end up getting cancelled before they get released, and this is likely due to the HBO Max/Discovery+ merger. Makes me wonder what the future holds for new episodes of Sesame Street.
HBO is contracted to produce new episodes until Season 55.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
K, but WB was also probably contracted to the Batgirl movie and that didn't stop them from cancelling it.

datman24

Reaction score
I think Sesame Street is held to a much higher regard than Batgirl, so I don't expect they'll stop anytime soon (knock on wood).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I see the Batgirl movie being cancelled as an instance of unfair biases in the entertainment industry.