Sesame Street Classics HBO Max Rollouts

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
My guess is that if the Workshop is still playing ball with HBO by the time this happens, they will probably focus more on the current end of the catalog, and maybe throw some bones to millennial parents now and then. In the current social climate, where YouTube is essentially setting an industry-wide standard for age-group segregation, it almost doesn't make sense to keep the "Classics" end (if they even keep it hereafter) under the same name with the current content more suitable for today's kids. After all, they are the more ubiquitous demographic here; we're just geeks, nerds and nostalgics.

On the bright side: maybe the Workshop can take a cue from one of these media consolidation events to just quit trying to commercialize the "Classics", and instead facilitate a legal entry point (in tandem with the AAPB) for the rest of us to access the entire back-catalog under some kind of non-commercial honor system, as in a library membership, with relevant TOS of course. Just a thought.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The AAPB restriction was part of an agreement on the Workshop’s end. Part of it is because of copyright reasons (many estates requiring negotiation deals if the videos are listed online publicly), but they also know fans would just continually upload whatever isn’t available on YouTube by downloading the episodes completely or screen-recording them. It’s why the library is now indefinitely locked to the LOC only.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The website hasn’t had a chance to put a restriction on the recently uploaded batch regarding unauthorized activity.

ssetta

Reaction score
I have noticed that on the "new" episodes on the AAPB (seasons 1-14), they now have that message with the red background about how a user improperly downloaded episodes.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
For HBO Max and Discovery+ to merge next summer, that probably explains the lack of fresh classic episodes since April.

I bet Sesame Street will continue after the merge, if only restricted to the current modern-day half-hour episodes, as they are still on contract.

Last edited:

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I bet Sesame Street will continue after the merge, if only restricted to the current modern-day half-hour episodes, as they are still on contract.
I thought that at first too, but then I realized the people behind the things they scrapped (e.g. Batgirl) were likely also under contract.