sesame street adoption episodes

alizakaila

Reaction score
according to tv guide "In original episodes premiering Nov. 6 and 7 on PBS Kids, Sesame Street will address the important and emotional topic of adoption, as Gina, the [ahem] single-mom veterinarian, adopts a baby boy from Guatemala"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um... What's that "ahem" there for? Was that in the original article?
And given their current track record, I'm a bit skeptical as to air dates for the new episodes with my PBS affiliates. But both you and another forum member named Big Bird have been correct about the airdates for the original airings, so I'll trust you guys.

Another thing you might want to note... The adoption episode is a three-part episode, so make sure to tune in during the whole week so as not to miss any of the last episodes from this season.
Hope this helps and thanks for the heads up.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
Yep, they "ahem" is indeed in there. Here's a link to the article: http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=700010392

Sounds like the writer of the article just has an attitude problem.

Also, the 6th is the official air date of the new episodes, but obviously there are some affiliates that don't air them when they should, like yours. But the majority do get new episodes then, which is why TV Guide lists that date.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Big Bird Fan... BTW: Sorry, but it was you I was refering to in my previous post coming through for us alerting as to when the episodes of the season would originally air.
If TV Guide states they'll air on November 6th, then I'll tune in and hope to watch the new episodes if they air then. Guess I'm just a bit mift about the uncertainty the station displays with all the bad calls regarding the repeat scheduling. Well, at least I hope to get two to three repeats from Season 37 this week before they switch to the last five of the season.

BradFraggle

Reaction score
Now that Miles and Gabi have finally graduated from High School. I hope little baby Marco can re-fill the spot of the regular kid on Sesame Street and we can see him grow up the same way.

I also love how he producers are showing intercountry adoption and non-traditional families on the street.

BEAR

Reaction score
Maybe someday they'll have someone on the South African show adopt a caucasion kid from Oklahoma!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Does anyone get the feeling the way this saga has been set up in the first episode (I.e. Hoots's 3 minute song at the beginning of a 15 minute segment), means that it will be edited together for a DVD release? You know, similar to the Baby Bear/Curly Bear saga?

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Just wondering, does Gina have a second name or is she just "Gina", kinda like "Madonna"?