Sesame Podcasts

scarecroe

Reaction score
Sesame Workshop has launched a new weekly video podcast on its site. Also available on iTunes and via various mobile units such as cell phones, these 5 minute segments have been created in direct response to parents' desire to have something educational available to them on-the-go with their children.

As a parent myself, I think it's fantastic and the content, as always, is winning.

http://www.sesameworkshop.org/podcasts/

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kinda of cool, but I really hope this isn't the video site rumor Ssetta was talking about!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I haven't subscribed yet, but does the episode that's been uploaded include any classic clips, or is it just newer (let's say 2002 or later) segments?

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's crap. Downloading it crashed my computer twice, and now that it's up, no matter what program I use to view it in it immediately "Stops Working" bullcrap! I HATE HATE HATE windows, and this wasn't even worth it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was thinking... okay? It was a rumor that SW was going to have video on their site, and it was said that it won't be launched until September, so that's where I put 1 and 1 together. Okay. No need to get snippy.:rolleyes:

Actually, I think I am right...

http://www.sesameworkshop.org/podcasts/ideas_for_parents.php

New Sesame Street podcast episodes will be available every week! You can always access older episodes of the podcast by subscribing through iTunes or another RSS reader.

I kinda wanted a flash based video watching compilation system, but this is what's going on. If it actually worked without having to download anything, i'd be happier.

scarecroe

Reaction score
The podcasts work fine for me and I'm still using Windows 98.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about what's been done here. It would have been great if this was an audio podcast, with news about Sesame Street, interviews with people involved (maybe even some Muppet characters), audio clips (like in The MuppetCast), and perhaps some discussion about past moments, maybe audio tributes to certain characters, people, or subjects.

I still haven't watched the first one yet, but I've read that the podcast includes new and old sketches, as well as extended versions of sketches. However, if all of them are five minutes, I guess there wouldn't be too many segments. It seems like some segments are a bit long, close to five minutes long. The various animation sketches are shorter (most seem like they are less than a minute).

I can't wait to download the first episode.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Sesame Workshop's priority is to education. The type of audio podcast you propose sounds like it would be great, but that would have to be a separate thing for nostalgia fans.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, for those who haven't seen it yet, Here's what it was (updated. i just watche the thing the had on the site as a flash file. Finally got it to work)

Word on the Street-Squid (same as TV show)
The World of Elmo Cousteau- I think it was redubbed footage with a cut out animated squid super-emposed in it
Brian Willaims explaining the word of the day (also like the show)
Murray Monster talking with other people
short cartoon with a squid floating around
Wriggle like an Octopus (redubbed over by Murray, squid super imposed at the beginning)
Murray talking to a girl in a wheel chair (Kaitlin) and pretending to be like a squid
Another short cartoon with a squid coming out of a treasure box
Kids in the Swiming pool, and a giant letter S pops out (Murray does voice over, and the lettlers quid pop up, superimposed, spelling thw word "Squid")
Murray comes out to close the show.