See Jim Henson’s Puppet Improv Company Live in Hollywood!

SJohnson

Reaction score
See Jim Henson’s Puppet Improv Company Live in Hollywood!

Puppet Up! for adults only
Featuring the Henson Puppet Improv Company
June 21, 8:30 pm, June 23, 8:30 pm, and and June 24, 8:30 pm and 10:30 pm.

From the company that for fifty years has celebrated irreverence, creativity and performance comes PUPPET UP! (for adults only), featuring The Henson Puppet Improv Company, a demonstration of what happens when the perilous and provocative forms of traditional comedic improvisation are mixed with a bunch of puppets. With a motley group of characters brought to life by the world renowned puppeteers of The Jim Henson Company, this is not your average night at the improv and it is definitely not for children. But all others are welcome to enjoy the uninhibited anarchy of live puppet performance as never seen before.

Click here to buy your ticket: http://www.symfonee.com/Improv/hollywood/home/index.aspx

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
SJohnson said:
...is definitely not for children.
Personally disappointed to see the name Henson associated with any puppet project that includes the words "not for children."

Henson projects were always family oriented.

Brian Henson, for the sake of dirty humor, you are willing to ruin the quality that the name Henson once stood for.

Even your own mom has said she is against the Muppets doing "cutting edge humor".

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
Personally disappointed to see the name Henson associated with any puppet project that includes the words "not for children."

Henson projects were always family oriented".
For the British run of this show (about 3 weeks) they are doing two lots of shows, one aimed specifically at children.

Tim

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:

Brian Henson, for the sake of dirty humor, you are willing to ruin the quality that the name Henson once stood for.

Even your own mom has said she is against the Muppets doing "cutting edge humor".
NOTE TO FRONT OFFICE: Quality G rated material generates 3-5 times the cash than "adult" material, and Jim's one attempst at this kind of stuff ("Saturday Night") didn't work.

I personally know Brian's been moving toward doing this kind of material for years.

We've pretty much killed the "golden frog", now let's drag the carcus through the mud.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
oh well whatever I don't care what any of you say the muppets and henson have always done dirty jokes most of you are just blinded by things like Sesame Street and only remember certain things.
I could give you all a big list of dirty jokes done by the muppets and other Henson related things while Jim was still alive.
It's not like it's Wondershowzen or anything.
oh and from this pic http://www.symfonee.com/Improv/hollywood/comedians/ComedianImage.aspx?Uid={6e8bc0f5-715b-4974-8dcb-57648379019c} atleast the characters look interesting and old school henson.

rurulesunc

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. Just got my tickets for 8:30 on Saturday. Just in time for my birthday too! Anyone else going to be there?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I love the fact that the Muppets do adult humor, it shows a wide variety of humor for everybody! Hey, look at the old SNL skits from the Muppets, those are very raunchy! The Muppets have always had a little adult side to them.

BEAR

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:

While I agree with what you say, I am still interested to see for myself what this is. I am okay with a more mature sense of humor as long as it is tasteful aand more tongue in cheek like the old vaudeville days. If it is going to be straight out filth and raunch a la Avenue Q I want no part in seeing it.

And to the person who mentioned Ave Q before this, sure it had some Henson puppeteers but it was clearly a non-Henson related project. Plus, the folks who worked on it (Rick Lyon, John T, and Stephanie) are not top recognized performers on Sesame Street anyway, so its not as big an issue. If say Carroll Spinney or Kevin Clash did that show (which they never would) that would be a different story.

beaker

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
Muppet Show: Sex and Violence(1974), Land of Gorch(1975-1976),
and on and on and on...

Wait, you were kidding right? Oh! You were kidding. Cool.

beaker

Reaction score
BEAR said:
If it is going to be straight out filth and raunch a la Avenue Q I want no part in seeing it.
Then you won't want to see it:smile:

Seriously, this is a sad day when people think Jim Henson and their puppets have to be relegated to the children's bin exclusively...like Muppet Wizard of Oz was some great heralded triumph for children's cinema.

I for one would LOVE to see a wildly over the top, edgy and in your face "definately not for children" Jim Henson puppet thing. For those who want to see the Muppets as some history revisionist Sesame Street world, that's your choice.