Scooter, we hardly KNOW YA!

BEAR

Reaction score
PhsychoChimp said:
When they past the ocean on the EM bus.

Oh! Must have been very subtle. I'll look for it next time I watch. Thanks for that bit of trivia.:wink:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
I can't believe that no one's mentioned that semi-famous, off-camera exchange between Richard/Scooter and Jim/Kermit. You know, the one where Kermit asks Scooter what the heck he is, and Scooter replies that his mother was a parakeet but they didn't know about his father, because it was during the war?

Personally I place Scooter in the "what-not" category; he's just as "human" as Floyd, Zoot, Nigel, Hilda or any of the other What-not looking Muppets on the show.

-Kim

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... I agree with Kim, he's mostly a Whatnot humanoid character. Of course, they have used the fact that he's a "go-fer" as a joke to denote his species, though jokingly only.
And as for his life's loves... Well, guess it's cause we've taken her into the family... But I'm pretty much attached to the notion that his current girlfriend is one Sara Vines known as ReneeLouvier, and his family origins were captured in her Sadie's Stories series of fanfics.

And Erin... J.P.'s loaded with money, which would explain why any woman would marry him... Though it'd be a marriage made in the Creature Workshop, not one of those other two places.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I agree that Scooter is a humanoid, since his uncle is clearly human. As a side-note to that opinion- supposing he WAS part Fraggle... would that make him a Fruman? or a Haggle? ...Sorry, just my insanity kicking in...

And on yet another side-note, while it is true that several members of MC's fanfic community have accepted Sara as Scooter's girlfriend, not everyone has, and I think it's important that we bear that in mind, especially outside of the fanfic section- the lines of what we create and what the company creates can sometimes be easily blurred.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Rully? Insanity, that's what they're calling it these days? Thought that was just your inner Wuzzle-naming machine kicking in. Oh sorry, that'd be my inner Wuzzle-naming machine kicking in.

Wouldn't he be seen as more of a Fragglish silly creature? Or a silly creature-sized Fragglelike guy? At any rate, the rest of the guys down in the Rock would probably be puzzled as to why he doesn't have a Fraggle tail, if he were half-human half-Fraggle.

Heh, this is fun. Come on Lisa, let's spread the fun to some other threads!
*Scootery wink.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
I agree that Scooter is a humanoid, since his uncle is clearly human. As a side-note to that opinion- supposing he WAS part Fraggle... would that make him a Fruman? or a Haggle? ...Sorry, just my insanity kicking in...

And on yet another side-note, while it is true that several members of MC's fanfic community have accepted Sara as Scooter's girlfriend, not everyone has, and I think it's important that we bear that in mind, especially outside of the fanfic section- the lines of what we create and what the company creates can sometimes be easily blurred.
Although I created that storyline, I must agree with Lisa on one point:

What I've created and what the company has (or will perhaps) create is vastly and easily blurred!

:eek: I'm honestly worried a tinge that someone may take what I've created as Henson-spoken (or rather Disney-spoken) truth and I'll get in trouble for it!!!

Now realize...I'm not saying quit pairing us up....:wink: But I am saying be careful if you say/type anything outside of these forums. I just don't want the big ol' mouse breathing down my neck for it. XD

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't worry about that Sara... If they start breathing down your neck you can always hide out in the spacious bomb shelter Erin's been building for some time now.

Oh sorry, I wasn't supposed to let everybody else know about that?
Um... Speak to the girl with the bookstore and bunker connections.

BEAR

Reaction score
But if Scooter can't be humanoid, then what are Bunsen, Beaker, Lewis Kazagger, Beauregard, Mildred? None of them look exactly human either. Some more so than others.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
The Count said:
Don't worry about that Sara... If they start breathing down your neck you can always hide out in the spacious bomb shelter Erin's been building for some time now.

Oh sorry, I wasn't supposed to let everybody else know about that?
Um... Speak to the girl with the bookstore and bunker connections.
Relax, Sara, I've got room for the whole forum in the bomb shelter. And it's VERY secure. I just need to finish up the rec room and the professional-grade three-oven kitchen.

I'll ask special agents Leland, Closter and the others if we can have use of the space underneath Jim's Coffee Shop...and you didn't hear that from me.