Schulz/Peanuts Thread

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I saw the new special and thought it was funny, too bad nothing original will come again but at least some new things are coming. I love the new figures and have Charlie Brown, Linus, Lucy, Sally, Schroder, and Snoopy and they will be having Marcie,Violet,and Rerun later in the series.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I wish I had picked up The Great Pumpkin sets...I know I'll regret not doing it later. I picked up Snoopy and Woodstock, but I don't like the alternate colors of the gang.

Who knew I'd be talking about gang colors on a Muppet site...

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Gang colors aren't bad when discussing something that's more black and white than colored... :confused:

Nate,
Saturday morning Dec 14th 9-12 am RMH is having Breakfast with Santa, and Muley will be there among costume characters and such. www.rmhmemphis.org

There's a cool website with TONS of Peanuts trivia at www.peanutscollectorclub.com

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Nate,
Saturday morning Dec 14th 9-12 am RMH is having Breakfast with Santa, and Muley will be there among costume characters and such. www.rmhmemphis.org
Is it open to the public?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
They are indeed making Pig Pen in the action figures..
Man... That's just great!!! Now all I need is forr them to make Marcie. My mother has the whole Halooween set. I'd get that, but I have NOOOOOOOOO money, and the only collectibles I can afford at the moment come with a freakin' burger and fries...

I had a large Snoopy doll. Wish I could find it. I was Charlie Brown for Halloween this year, and since the doll is almost life sized, it would have been perfect...

I have an old McDonald's Chalie Brown Figure, and I think I have the "Happy Meal Anniversary" Snoopy train piece (can't remembber, I can remember having The Tiny Toons and Bearinstine Bears, just not any more). I have a couple from Wendy's and that was a while ago. Think i have the McD's glasses too. (Actually, I have a lot of stuff, I just can't remember any of it!)

Enough collectibles. I have all these Snoopy Specials on tape.

Obviously A Charlie Brown Christmas, The Great Pumpkin, Thanksgivingg, Snoopy Come Home, and a mess of others. I didn't really care much for the Charlie Brown disccovers America series. they weren't as funny, and they were more educational. they were good, and all (especially the one when they're on the space shuttle, and Linus loses his Blanket) but the other ones were much better.

Really want the Charlie Brown Bobbing Head.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Is it open to the public?
Yup. Just tell them you know me and Muley when you get there.

Wait, on second thought that might not be too helpful...

Just come, say who you are and you're with 94.1 The Buzz and they sponsored Nightmarez and you're there for Breakfast with Santa. You can ask for Leslie Gaskins if you have to, and say Muley said for you to come.

FOZ

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
BTW, the PigPen figure was supposed to be such that you could run warm water over him and "clean" him up, but as he dried the "dirt" would come back to him.

Is anyone aware that the animated specials et al were not considered by Schulz as a part of the Peanuts history, so that when Charlie Brown met, kissed the little red-haired girl Heather, none of that (per Schulz) counted.

He said that if it didn't happen in the comic strip, it never happened.

SO since the NEW specials are based on comic strips, they happened. They're part of the Peanuts story.

NOW, what if those who were directly related to Peanuts projects along with Sparky himself were to produce new projects, even though we know it won't happen, they're kind of taking the helm of his creation and I'd have to wonder then if what they were creating would end up being part of the Peanuts history, or if, since animated, they still fell under his guidelines "not in the strips, never happened."

uncleduke

Reaction score
I need that Schroeder for my set. I'll gladly trade them something for it.:big_grin:
I have an extra of the 'sad' variant around here, someplace....
Actually I picked up several of the variants, if anyone is seeking a specific one, email me jhammerslag@msn.com I am always happy to trade.

edit
OK, I'm an idiot, I thought you meant the Playing Mantis/Memory Lane figures....

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Want to know sometihng not necessarily bad, but not too good? I've been spending money on the Muppet Figures, and none on the Peanuts Figs. After I get Series 2 Muppets, I'm going after my Peanuts next!

FOZ

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I also liked Peanuts before the Muppets. My favorite things are the McD's glasses and my Peanuts lunch box-I used that almost every day to take my lunch to school, heehee. and I have my fingers crossed that i will get some of the figures for Christmas:smile: I think i'm going to go watch the Christmas specials right now! MERRY CHRISTMAS CHARLIE BROWN