Say Cheese!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh Lisaaaaaaa? Could we get some more cheesy goodness? I mean, the story is not cheesy, but yeah, you know what I mean. I should warn you that Ed and I have these water balloons and Super Soakers that we're currently using on Beau, but they could be aimed this way at any moment...so more story...please?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You're too late Beth... Already rigged the balloons to drop on her and her beloved other half from the ceiling.
And none of that "you don't exist on" excuse... You owe us one more chapter to tie Prawny once again.
Come on, let's go threaten Sis, she'll get a kick outta this Beth.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
The "I don't exist" excuse won't cut it, eh? How about the fact that I haven't been able to sleep for four out of the past five nights for no apparent reason at all? <gazes longingly at bed> ....<sigh> But If I sleep now I won't sleep tonight and the cycle will continue... oy...

I have the next chapter written... It's just a matter of getting it typed and posted... But considering my current mental capabilities- or, rather, lack thereof- and homework load, that may take... um... tim... time, rather... See? That's how I know I need sleep- I make lots of typos. ...Anyway. ...I really have no good way of ending this post... ...except to mention that I do hope I can post soon enough to your liking, because it's below freezing over here, and I certainly wouldn't like to get wet.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
But Lisa... *Splashes her with a water balloon.
Cold shower's the best way to stay awake and not fall asleep.

Now get that homework done, if you haven't yet girls... And get your story posted ASAP. Your mother and I are waiting to see what you've written.
Oh sorry... MopFam spooking through.

Never mind... Post away.
*Splashes Lisa again. Sorry, didn't mean that last one.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter Eighteen

“Ya know what da bright side of stayin’ home is?” Rizzo said as he opened the refrigerator door.

“Nope,” Rowlf said, “What’s that?”

That is lasagna,” Rizzo said, pulling out a tin foil covered plate. “And I wanna know who put it back as leftovers instead of callin’ me!”

Rowlf chuckled. “Lasagna is the bright side of staying home?”

“Well, it’s a part of it,” Rizzo explained.

“What are the other parts?” Rowlf asked.

“Well, let’s see!” Rizzo peered into the refrigerator. “Dere’s some meatloaf, spaghetti, chicken pot pie- ooh, don’t tell Camilla- some chili…”

“I got it,” Rowlf said. “It’s raiding the fridge.”

“And dere’s nobody here to stop me!” Rizzo said victoriously.

Rowlf shook his head and jokingly sang to himself, “Always look on the bright side of life…”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

“Don’t worry about it, Fozzie, you’ll do fine,” Kermit assured his friend.

“I hope so,” Fozzie sighed.

“I know so,” Kermit replied. “Come on- let’s run through the choreography.”

“Okay,” Fozzie said. “But- Kermit? I keep forgetting- the first step is to the left, right?”

“Right.”

“Okay.” Fozzie got into position. “…Wait, which is it?”

Kermit hesitated. “I forgot.”

“Oh, brother…”

“You stand on the right, and I stand on the left, so… you go left and I go right.”

“…Won’t we bump into each other?”

“No, because we’ve got our backs to each other.”

“Oh yeah!”

“From the top?”

“From the top!”

They stood with their backs to each other, and spoke and acted in unison.

“Step, tap, step, tap, one-two-three kick. Step, turn, step, tap, step. Cross…”

They walked into each other.

“Oops!”

“Sorry!”

“You okay?”

“Yeah.”

“I was supposed to go…”

“Yeah, and I should’ve…”

“Yeah.”

“Yeah.”

“From the top?”

“From the top!”

They repositioned themselves.

“Step, tap, step, tap, one-two-three kick, step, turn, step, tap, step. Cross… stop-“

“Six, seven, eight-“

“Nine, ten, eleven, twe-“

“Fozzie?”

“Yeah?” the bear looked at his friend.

“The count starts over after eight,” Kermit said.

“Oh I know,” Fozzie said. “But I forgot the rest of the steps.”

“I see,” Kermit sighed.

“Sorry.”

“It’s okay, we’ve still got most of the week left,” Kermit said. He thought for a moment. “I’ll go get the sheet.” He turned to go.

“Thank you!” Fozzie called after him.

Kermit turned and smiled at him. “Don’t mention it,” he said. He left the stage and examined the papers on his desk.

A voice called softly from his side. “Kermie?”

“Mm-hm?” he said, not looking up as he shuffled through a small stack of paper.

A sixth sense told him that she was standing next to him, though not as close as she usually did. Why was she acting so different, and why did it bother him so much?

Her voice seemed to tremble. “I… I wanted to…” She stopped.

He looked up, his hands still lost in the stack of papers. “What is it, Piggy?” he prodded. He hoped his voice sounded gentler to her than it did to him.

It didn’t. In fact, he sounded demanding, and his eyes were impatient and critical.

She straightened up. “Never mind,” she said importantly. “Maybe this isn’t a good time.” She turned on her heel and marched up the stairs to her dressing room, proud but far too stiff to be natural.

He stared after her, perplexed and confounded. What the hey…

“Can you find it?” Fozzie called, concerned.

Kermit grabbed the paper he was looking for. It had been on top all along. “Yeah,” he said absently, and he wandered back onto the stage.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

Robin looked up from the piano keys and music he had been studying since returning from school, and smiled at the dog smiling down at him. “Rowlf?” he said quietly. “Do you think we can surprise Uncle Kermit again?”

“Surprise him how?” Rowlf asked.

“With the piano,” Robin said.

“Well, he all ready knows you’re learning it,” Rowlf said.

“I know,” Robin said. “But I wanna do something big.”

“Hm,” Rowlf said. “…Something for the show, maybe?”

“Yeah!” Robin said excitedly.

Rowlf’s grin grew. “Like the theme song?”

Robin’s face was so bright and full of excitement that it could have lit the stage for him, no spotlight necessary. “Could we?” he whispered.

Rowlf grinned his signature grin. “Let’s get the music out,” he said. “Who knows- if we practice enough, we might be show-worthy by curtain time.”

“Yay!” Robin grinned. “But let’s keep it a secret until the last rehearsal!”

“You’ve got yourself a deal.”

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Pardon my double-post, but- for the record, the posting of this chapter has very little to do with the water balloons and quite a lot to do with the fact that today is a SNOW DAY! <Ahem> ...Sorry, it's just that I didn't realize my school knew how to have a SNOW DAY!!!!! ...Usually we just make it late start.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Aw, how sweet! Rowlf is such a darling, isn't he? And Robin, but then again you already knew that, both of them being your roommates.
But wait, the theme doesn't have a piano part, does it?
Oh well, more please as soon as you get the chanse.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Well lucky you getting a SNOW DAY!!! I wish I was having a snow day. Oh well, we'll get our turn up here in the tundra eventually.

Now, on to this fabulous update. I'm so concerned about Piggy and I hope she's able to talk to Kermit soon. It's so out of character for her but I love that you're writing it that way. And can I just say Robin is so cute? It's so sweet that Rowlf is teaching him and it's really just been lovely seeing the two of them interact.

HUGS to you for posting on your snow day, now go enjoy the rest of your free day off....for awhile....then the water comes back. Mwah ha ha ha.....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Riiiiiight. We believe you Lisa. *Bouncing a filled water balloon in the palm of my hand.

Great chapter... Loved Rizzo raiding the fridge at the beginning...
Kermit... As Ru would say, wake up and go after her.
Oy, a moment to smack him on the top of his green froggy head.

The dance routine... Let's just hope they get that perfected for the show next week.
And I'm rully looking forward to that little green stuff surprising his uncle at the show playing the piano segment of the theme.

More please!!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh oh oh!!! LISA!!! First let me bounce/shout at the lasagna!! YEHA!! Then the Fozzie/Kermit scene! WHOOP!! That was GREAT! So true to both of their characters. And then of course Piggy! Yikes! Something needs to be done on that front! (No Lisa, something, not Something. Sorry.)

And then there's the fact that you may or may not have noticed...YOU POSTED CHAPTER 18 ON PAGE 18!!!! *bounces!!* Sorry, just had to point that out.

All in all, great chapter! And as always,

MORE PLEASE!