Votes: 3 9.1%
  • R-AH-lf (rAHlf)

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • R-AW-lf (rolf)

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've heard it said so many ways over the years, whether Jim said it, Rowlf said it, a guest star said it...it's different every time.

I'm putting up a poll to see what WE think it is.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I've always pronounced it "R-OH-lf" but it seems that whenever Jim or Frank said his name it was more like "Ralph," so who knows? :smirk:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I've always pronouced it Rowlf, and used to spell it Ralph...

(Prawn Cracker, you have been spotted by a clever tag-team of MSN enthusiats who are adiment that you should not be hither and not thither!)

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I've always pronouced it Rowlf, and used to spell it Ralph...

(Prawn Cracker, you have been spotted by a clever tag-team of MSN enthusiats who are adiment that you should not be hither and not thither!)
Yes, I tend to see it spelled Ralph a lot on eBay. Along with Fonzie.

(Beau Cracker, I would if I could, but this computer's slow and I don't wanna. See the PM I sent Lisa for more info on this sensitive subject.)

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I usually TRY to pronounce it R-OH-lf, and often end up lazily pronouncing it R-AW-lf or R-OW-lf. But to be honest, most of my Muppet discussion goes on in written form online, so I don't worry about pronunciation too much!

(Yes, Prawnie, you are spotted... and certain MSN-ers feel horribly neglected, avoided, disliked, etcetera, etcetera, so on and so forth and so SAD! ...And you ZIFFLED me! Darned Prawn.)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, there is the odd occasion when I am chatting about Rowlf when I just feel like barking the name a the cute doggies do in MTM, "Raw-lf, Raw-lf, let us out of here Raw-lf..."

(*glances at watch* Tick tock, young man.)

EDIT:

(Oh fine...)

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Every time I actually SAY the dog's name, I try and say "R-OH-LF," and it's not much of a problem, since that's how I've always pronounced it.

(Now Beau has YOU stalking me through threads too Ms. Again? Tsk, tsk!)

EDIT:
(To Beau) (Young man? YOUNG MAN? Sir, I am your FATHER!)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Which also raises the question...how often DO we say the dog's name in the course of a normal conversation?

(Are you trying to suggest that I, said same person as before, would encourage your own wife to stalk on you? What do you take me for...your son?)

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Well, for me, it depends to whom I'm talking, and what the exact subject is. If I'm talking to my mom about how much I miss seeing that piano-playing dog around, I say his name quite a bit. If I'm talking to my horribly Muppet-illiterate roommate about... anything... it doesn't come up as much.

(Honestly, Prawnie, you can't POSSIBLY think that I'm so easily influenced by our son. Did it occur to you that maybe we both just miss you?)

Beauregard

Reaction score
I always had another problem...which is that the main badguy in one of the "novels" I wrote, but never finished, was named Ralph and he was one tricky little guy...So if I'm having a conversation with people in my family who know both works things can get a little confusing. "Ralph or Rowlf?" "...pardon?"

(But it should also occur that we miss you because we can't throw that far....aaaah, wocka wocka!)