RIP Emilio Delgado

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I understand we’re all eager to see more early unreleased content, but let’s not use Emilio’s passing as a way to hope for new previously unavailable content to surface through commercial media. If the workshop chooses to do something like at least a montage of the character then I think that’s fair, but wanting to see more official clip releases just because a cast member died I think is asking for a bit too much.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I understand we’re all eager to see more early unreleased content, but let’s not use Emilio’s passing as a way to hope for new previously unavailable content to surface through commercial media. If the workshop chooses to do something like at least a montage of the character then I think that’s fair, but wanting to see more official clip releases just because a cast member died I think is asking for a bit too much.
I bet there will likely be a memorial video on the show's official YouTube channel, to say the least.

Sad loss for Sesame fans young and old, nonetheless.

dvakman

Reaction score
When I think of Emilio/Luis, in my mind I see this youthful, vibrant guy, always friendly and willing to lend a helping hand, not too cool to get silly and goofy at times, and with a really pleasant, soothing singing voice. When I was a child, I actually thought it was Luis singing on all those live action Raposo segments, so I still kind of associate them with him, even though I know now that I was mistaken.

We older fans always kind of affectionately ribbed Luis for moving in on David's girl... My condolences to all the cast and crew who worked closely with Emilio for decades, as well as his "real" family. He was a wonderful actor and role model for generations and generations of children, and he will not be forgotten.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
My sister texted me this one, very short and bittersweet: "Luis died!" Don't hold it against her, that exclamation point there just shows she was surprised to hear it, and maybe a little upset as well (she's not as big a Muppet fan as I am, but she does acknowledge Sesame Street was once upon a time a favorite show of both of us). She knew the actor's name, but to the two of us, he'll always be Luis.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
So upsetting. I was really looking forward to getting his autograph via GalaxyCon (now I can understand why he wasn't in the panel this time). But anyway, it's hard to believe I'm losing another big aspect of my childhood.

RIP Emilio. Thank you for all the entrainment you've given us as Luis all these years. Say hi to the gang for all of us. I hope you have fun catching up and reuniting with them.
I got the news just now. Adios, Emilio.