Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Tell Sarge the Zombie Apocalypse is on the move. Join the ranks!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow. Did Trump really just say, "Whatever the **** it is I do" at his rally? Where's everybody getting upset over him speaking so unprofessionally and unpresidentially? If it was any other sitting President - especially Obama - who spoke like that any public event, he would have been buried alive.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The best I can describe it, Trump has something you rarely see in other politicians.
Way back in George Washington’s time, the idea was for a president or anyone in Congress to serve two terms at most, then go back to your farm, your business, whatever you did before. Politics wasn’t supposed to be a lifetime career. The exception was the Supreme Court.
Biden started out from humble beginnings, but somewhere along the way it became politics-as-usual, being swayed by lobbyists and special interest groups. I won’t say Trump hasn’t been bought off (NRA notwithstanding), but everybody in DC has dirty hands to some degree.
Even at state levels, governors have ties with unions, this is nothing new. This is why public schools are as crappy as they are. The union heads and superintendents get fat and rich, and the students (and teachers to some degree) get the shaft.
But before Trump came along, it was a nice state of affairs for politicians. Crooked deals, corruption, they seemed to have their way and the ordinary people seemed powerless.
Then Trump comes in and threatens to “Drain the swamp”, which was long overdue, bureaucrats start freaking out “We gotta stop him before the crap hits the fan!” The media played their part trying to make him out to be Satan incarnate.
Does the man have flaws? No doubt. But in my long life of watching presidents come and go, nobody has ever shook down (shook up?) Washington like he has.

MWoO

Reaction score
So... a black man charged cops with a knife and was shot. Now there are riots in Philly. There is very clear video that the man came at them and was trying to stab them, yet riots. At this point, it seems BLM never sees a reason for police to shoot someone ever, even when their lives are clearly in danger.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So... a black man charged cops with a knife and was shot. Now there are riots in Philly. There is very clear video that the man came at them and was trying to stab them, yet riots. At this point, it seems BLM never sees a reason for police to shoot someone ever, even when their lives are clearly in danger.
Facts don't matter anymore. BLM is losing more and more credibility every day.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Which is too bad. When this whole thing started with Ferguson in 2014, I could see people taking up the cause.

I’ll tell you what. When BLM protests the hundreds murdered in Chicago every year, or the black cops killed in the line of duty, I’ll join them.