Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Angela Mae

Reaction score
The ACLU likes to pretend that it is neutral and non-partisan but it's own actions show that it is very pink even if not red. President Trump and conservative allies in the courts should be open about that.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So since my last post got ignored here is a copy of the message I received. Now keep in mind I have said nothing to this person or started this conversation. It was completely out of the blue and uncalled for. You young Democrats think that Trump and Trump supporters are the ones spreading hate? Well this right here to me proves the exact opposite.
Excuse the language I did not write this:
Dwayne, I just want to say this to you. You’re an absolute ******* d****** when it comes to politics. I get you’re republican and you know what? Whatever. You do you. But the fact that you still kiss (butt) to Donald Trump even after he’s done so much obvious (crap) to this country shows you are incredibly privileged. I’m willing to bet you probably don’t even bother going out without a mask on during these crazy times, and frankly, it’s people like you why this country is going to be the last one to have covid. Frankly I used to have a lot of respect for you during the times I’ve known you via Muppetcentral, but now, I can’t help but say that person I once knew is dead. With that said, I want nothing to do with you anymore. I hope you have a good life and I hope you enjoy your time in that privileged life of yours as a southern redneck who thinks Trump can do no harm. Goodbye.
Going out on a limb here but my guess is you're not getting a Christmas card from them this year.

MWoO

Reaction score
That honestly sounds like something LittleJerry would write.
Seems about right.

@dwayne1115 Frankly, sounds like someone you shouldn't lose sleep over. Worst case scenario, you got blocked by a crazy person and no longer have to deal with them.

MWoO

Reaction score
The ACLU likes to pretend that it is neutral and non-partisan but it's own actions show that it is very pink even if not red. President Trump and conservative allies in the courts should be open about that.
The ACLU is for protecting everyone's constitutional rights. Sometimes this means protecting the right of people you disagree with. I do not agree with the KKK, but I have to protect their right to express their opinion. Why? Because one day someone will be in power that doesn't like my opinion and I don't want there to be a legal precedent that says they can arrest me.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It’s a paradox. The First Amendment protects freedom of speech, even burning American flags. I don’t condone it, but their right to do so is protected by the constitution.

I’m sorry, but it’s more than “some piece of cloth”. My Sesame t-shirt is a piece of cloth.
But too many people sacrificed their lives to preserve the freedoms that the flag represents.

If you wanna burn a flag so bad, go to Canada and burn a maple leaf. Or England and burn a Union Jack. Have at it.

MWoO

Reaction score
It’s a paradox. The First Amendment protects freedom of speech, even burning American flags. I don’t condone it, but their right to do so is protected by the constitution.

I’m sorry, but it’s more than “some piece of cloth”. My Sesame t-shirt is a piece of cloth.
But too many people sacrificed their lives to preserve the freedoms that the flag represents.

If you wanna burn a flag so bad, go to Canada and burn a maple leaf. Or England and burn a Union Jack. Have at it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Who is watching the debate tonight?

I'm back so I might as well stick around...

MWoO

Reaction score
@fuzzygobo I get what you are saying, but

I get what you are saying, but as you said, people died protecting the freedoms, not the flag. That's why I love that Penn and Teller bit. Burning the flag in celebration, not anger.