Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
I stopped watching the video after it said the electoral college was undemocratic and written by slave holders. This guy acts like no democratic presidents have ever been elected. The electoral college is how Obama won. Then Trump gets into office and all of a sudden the electoral college is racist.

Ideas aren't racist based on who had them. Slave owners created the electoral college, that doesn't make the electoral college racist. The president is voted on by the states, not the people. The people tell the states who to vote for. Its really that simple.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
To me, the term racist has been cliched to death. It used to be you could spot a racist a mile away, they stuck out like a sore thumb.
Now all it takes to be a racist is to disagree with someone. Especially with politics, which most people only have a superficial grasp on.(Myself

Iincluded until about five years ago.)
This still happens a lot on college campuses. You get extremes on both sides and there's no middle ground. Civil discourse goes out the window, and nobody moves forward. And rather than attempting to hear the other side, everybody digs their heels in deeper.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I stopped watching the video after it said the electoral college was undemocratic and written by slave holders. This guy acts like no democratic presidents have ever been elected. The electoral college is how Obama won. Then Trump gets into office and all of a sudden the electoral college is racist.

Ideas aren't racist based on who had them. Slave owners created the electoral college, that doesn't make the electoral college racist. The president is voted on by the states, not the people. The people tell the states who to vote for. Its really that simple.
I stopped putting any credence in anything posted on Facebook years ago. I'm all for trying to sit down and discuss things in a calm rational manner, without losing my cool, without getting swayed by emotions. This guy seems ready to hit the streets and. Violence only begets violence. This (clenched fist) only gets you this (clenched fist). Bashing heads in is not the answer.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, even I have to say, speaking as a liberal, that video was pretty extremely left-leaning biased and I couldn't even finish it. The guy comes off as another "EVERYTHING YOU DISAGREE WITH ON ME MAKES YOU HITLER!!!1111!!!!" type liberal.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yeah, even I have to say, speaking as a liberal, that video was pretty extremely left-leaning biased and I couldn't even finish it. The guy comes off as another "EVERYTHING YOU DISAGREE WITH ON ME MAKES YOU HITLER!!!1111!!!!" type liberal.
There were a number of things I disagreed with him on, but I can still respect his opinion. But if he thinks this is a caste system here, let him move to India for a year. If you're not part of the royal family, you and close to a billion other people are living in poverty, the likes of which he's probably never seen before. Try that for a year and see how it works out for you. Maybe America with all its flaws ain't so bad after all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, for all you folks out there who said "Obamacare" was one of the worst things to happen to America, how it was a terrible healthcare plan from the get-go, that making sure everybody in America would be insured with healthcare would ruin the healthcare industry, remember this: under Obama, nobody was denied healthcare for any reason, be it their health, their pre-existing conditions, their medical needs, their income, whatever. Was it perfect? No. Did it needed some work? Sure. But, above all, healthcare was a guaranteed right.

Under Republicans, however, healthcare is a privilege; you can be denied healthcare for any reason they can come up with . . . such as how I was just denied healthcare for 2020 because I'm short and fat. I'm not kidding, I seriously just got an email yesterday signifying that my application for health insurance coverage for 2020 was denied because I'm short and fat. That's discrimination. That's what happens when Republicans are in charge.

Literally, my only other options at this point are either to file a grievance, or go with a "short-term" policy that I have to keep buying in increments of 60, 90, or 180 days.

MWoO

Reaction score
So then you were not denied health insurance. You were approved for health insurance under different terms because you are obese which is something you can change, thus at some point you can be approved for your preferred long term option.

I would rather that happen than have to be forced to pay into plans offer options I will never use because the providers were forced to include them in all plans.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So, for all you folks out there who said "Obamacare" was one of the worst things to happen to America, how it was a terrible healthcare plan from the get-go, that making sure everybody in America would be insured with healthcare would ruin the healthcare industry, remember this: under Obama, nobody was denied healthcare for any reason, be it their health, their pre-existing conditions, their medical needs, their income, whatever. Was it perfect? No. Did it needed some work? Sure. But, above all, healthcare was a guaranteed right.

Under Republicans, however, healthcare is a privilege; you can be denied healthcare for any reason they can come up with . . . such as how I was just denied healthcare for 2020 because I'm short and fat. I'm not kidding, I seriously just got an email yesterday signifying that my application for health insurance coverage for 2020 was denied because I'm short and fat. That's discrimination. That's what happens when Republicans are in charge.

Literally, my only other options at this point are either to file a grievance, or go with a "short-term" policy that I have to keep buying in increments of 60, 90, or 180 days.
Why do I get the feeling we are not getting the whole story here?