Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Old Thunder

Reaction score
One person tweeted, “Christine Blasey Ford is braver than any US Marine.”

I don’t like our military constantly mixing in with stupid stuff that doesn’t affect us, but come on, the individual members of it are pretty dang courageous. I don’t get how this person somehow has more bravery than them. When did she head into enemy territory with nothing but a gun and a will to live?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
One person tweeted, “Christine Blasey Ford is braver than any US Marine.”

I don’t like our military constantly mixing in with stupid stuff that doesn’t affect us, but come on, the individual members of it are pretty dang courageous. I don’t get how this person somehow has more bravery than them. When did she head into enemy territory with nothing but a gun and a will to live?
I agree with you. I would call her brave if she went to the police the night the event happened. That would have taken nuts, since the events were still raw. To call her as brave as one of our military is completely wrong. They willing put there lives on the line every day to help protect our country. If it had been up to her, or so she says all this would have been kept confidential. Yet somehow all this was leaked, and now both parties involved have been dragged through the mud.
No matter the outcome of this, it's simply going to divide the country even further.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So once again, in other words, rape allegations should only be taken seriously if the politician is a Democrat, because it's proof that Democrats are immoral, godless, subhuman trash; but if the allegations are against a Republican politician, then it's all a massive hoax cooked up by the left to make the right look, and the women who have come forward are nothing more than a bunch of liars paid by Hillary, it was really Obama that raped them, or something.

Right?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
So once again, in other words, rape allegations should only be taken seriously if the politician is a Democrat, because it's proof that Democrats are immoral, godless, subhuman trash; but if the allegations are against a Republican politician, then it's all a massive hoax cooked up by the left to make the right look, and the women who have come forward are nothing more than a bunch of liars paid by Hillary, it was really Obama that raped them, or something.

Right?
No. Rape allegations should always be taken seriously, but they should ALSO always be consider merely allegations until proven otherwise.

The #MeToo movement is a terrible, terrible thing that will and probably already has ruined many innocent lives. “Innocent until proven quilty” doesn’t exist anymore; even if you’re acquitted you still have a black shadow over you for the rest of your worthless existence on our deteriating planet.

16:17 in this vid does a good job explaining the issue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The #MeToo movement is a terrible, terrible thing that will and probably already has ruined many innocent lives.
Oh yeah, I forgot.

"Ohh, I'm so uncomfortable being a man now, because every woman in the world is out to get me, I can't look at them, or say hi to them, or anything, because they'll accuse me of sexual harassment!"

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Don't forget though, Trump is in Office because of the electoral college and the Russian collusion; Hillary otherwise won the popular vote head and shoulders over him.
Don't forget though that Hillary lost the electoral college because she completely ignored states like Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin. Which were the swing states that gave President Trump the win. She won the popular vote on the back of California. A large majority of the states she lost the popular vote. This is precisely why the electoral college is important. Candidates can't just chose to ignore the majority of states and focus on just a couple of key states with large populations. Every state is important and should be treated equally by the candidates. It's not like this was a new system this last election. She knew it but yet chose to ignore some very important states. It was a critical error in campaign strategy on her part. Even Bill has come out and said he urged her to campaign in those states and she still chose not to. Everything else is an excuse by her and a failure of her to deny her ineptness during the campaign.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot.

"Ohh, I'm so uncomfortable being a man now, because every woman in the world is out to get me, I can't look at them, or say hi to them, or anything, because they'll accuse me of sexual harassment!"
I know you’re joking about this, but it’s a real thing happening right now. Just take a look at this: