Remembering Richard Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I wouldn't guess he had any wish for his characters. Dunno.

Adam Hunt does pretty well, and, while not perfect, so does Brian Henson.

Hey, Henson! I do it a little better than Adam Hunt! What say I come down for an interview (and tour of the Muppet Workshop)?

Seriously, though, it is hard to think what might happen. After you said that, I started thinking about that scene in VMMCM. They really shouldn't have done that. Oh, well.

I always crack up during Saying Goodbye.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
are you thinking of the new pre-show...that ain't Hunt....

Sarah

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
ok maybe it ain't 'new' but they put it in after 2000 right??? that makes it new, yes....well at least it is in my head!!!

Sarah

jeremyactor

Reaction score
The preshow to Muppetvision 3D hasn't changed - this summer it was the same as when I saw it in 1995, unless they've changed and changed back. Unless it was never Richard to begin with, which could be possible, it sounds a little different.

Jeremy

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Re: "I wouldn't guess he had any wishes for his characters."

Unlike Jim, Richard was seriously ill for a long time and knew it. While I've never heard that he specifically wished his characters to continue, he had plenty of time to protest the idea, and so far as we all know he didn't.

Super Scooter: I think you mean BREAK UP during Saying Goodbye -- in other words, you cry a lot. You said CRACK UP, as in it makes you laugh really hard. I don't think that's what you meant.

Also, regarding Steve's Kermit: They did try to bring Kermit back slowly, which is why he's only a supporting character in MCC and was only a supervisor in MT instead of the host. In fact, ironically, they've been criticized for both of those decisions. It's just been really hard for a lot of people to adjust to the voice. I think the best way to look at it is two interpretations of the same role, like two different James Bonds.

I will agree that we're all anxious to see the rest of Jim's characters back!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by jeremyactor
The preshow to Muppetvision 3D hasn't changed - this summer it was the same as when I saw it in 1995, unless they've changed and changed back. Unless it was never Richard to begin with, which could be possible, it sounds a little different.

Jeremy
It was Richard. I forget what the site was, but there's a picture on it of Hunt backstage at MuppetVision, leaning against a ladder with his elbow propped on one of the rungs of the ladder and his hand on his head - only that's the arm he's wearing Scooter on so it looks like Scooter is looking over Richard's head at something on his left. :stick_out_tongue: And Scooter is wearing a labcoat, which if I remember correctly he was wearing in the pre-show.

-Kim

Chilly Down

Reaction score
That sounds like an awesome picture, Kim. You said it was backstage? Did you work for WDW for a while or something?

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Cool pic! Thanks for letting us see that.

I've never seen Richard with glasses on before...

Status
Not open for further replies.