Remembering Jane Henson (1934-2013)

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Deep condolences to the family, immediate and extended. I had the great good fortune to meet Heather Henson (who is just a lovely person) at Dragon*Con last year, and she shared wonderful pictures from the Henson family during her childhood. It's so clear what special people and good parents Jane and Jim were. We're all so fortunate that their influence extended beyond their own family and into ours. Godspeed, Jane Henson.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Words can't describe how heartbroken I am... My sincerest prayers and love to all of the fans and Jane's family as we universally mourn on this day of sorrow. Her undying legacy will always remain eternal, and she will be dearly be missed. </3

ftnpro

Reaction score
When I met Jane briefly at Muppetfest, she was gracious, even though I was umpteenth fan to seek her out. She was a class act and will be missed. The Henson family is in our thoughts today.

Steven Golden

Reaction score
As I sit here at IPM, surrounded by puppets, I remember fondly the times we met. Jane will always be surrounded by thoughts of love, and kindness. The same feelings she expressed to all she met.

Love to the family..... Steve Golden

Izzy

Reaction score
My thoughts go out to the Henson family.

Mark Johns

Reaction score
I'm very saddened by this news, but the thought of her and Jim reuniting and perhaps putting on a new show together with Jerry, Jerry and the rest makes me smile.

TikiColadas

Reaction score
This breaks my heart especially for their families but they are present with God and that gives me peace.

beaker

Reaction score
So grateful that, like Jerry Nelson, I got to meet and talk to Jane Henson. And like Nelson, Jane could not have radiated more positively. Jane wasnt just the co-creator of the Muppets of course, but involved in countless good works, charities, creative projects etc. While we knew Nelson was struggling with health issues, I had no idea about Mrs. Henson. I find it remarkable she was still doing appearances and stuff til the end. I'm sure she'd be more than taken aback by not just the outpouring today across the internet but the tributes to come. I can imagine all the beautiful artwork we'll see in tribute in the following days.

Yes, we have had yet another major Muppet family loss. But a testament to their legacy is how that legacy is on the incline rather than the decline as it had been for awhile.