Remembering Fred Rogers...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Goodbye, Mr. Rogers. It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood when you were here.

:sympathy:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Dark clouds rolled into my neighborhood today for a little while, but then I thought about it after reading these posts and the clouds dissipated.

I think about it and Mr. Rogers was a genuine man and a minister. You can't really consider today as a bad thing because, after leading such a clean, clear life--and having been stricken with cancer--he's very much better off today than yesterday.

He was a blessing to us all (I'm sure) and, even though I couldn't pay much attention to him since there were no Muppets, he touched us all in the little time we spent with him all those years.

Weird thing is, last Thursday (I think it was) I actually stopped flipping through the channels and watched his show and felt comfortable, wanted, and loved. A feeling he gave to all the people who watched his show.

Indeed, I would have been proud to call him a neighbor and a friend.

Today, I reflect on who he was and what he was about, and I consider him a hero.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Today I lost another piece of my childhood; in fact, we all did. :cry:

Growing up, I enjoyed both Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers Neighborhood equally. Even though now I remember very little about the older episodes of either show (thanks to my swiss cheesed memory), the lessons I learned from both still stick with me. And even today there are times when I still want to visit the Land of Make Believe (c'mon, who doesn't?). I'm glad that he didn't suffer for very long with his cancer; having watch my grandfather suffer for two or three years with the disease, I know it isn't a pleasant way to go.

I know the song "Just One Person" was sort of the JHC unofficial anthem, but I can't help but think that this song fits Mr. Rogers as well. He was one person, but he certainly made a big difference in the lives of countless people.

Goodbye, Mr. Rogers. After all this time, I'm proud to say that I'm still your neighbor.

-Kim

pezbalubah

Reaction score
One of entertainment's only genuine people has been lost. Mr. Rogers was not a man out for merchandising and making profit, like so much of children's entertainment is these days. He was a man out to educate and change the world.

hdofu

Reaction score
This is truly a sad day. You don't here of many like Fred Rogers. just terible news, :frown:

Bulldawg

Reaction score
74. wow. he lived a good life. touched a lot of people's hearts. its evident even in this thread alone.

even though a man is gone...his lessons and memories will stick with us forever.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
This is sad news, but he left behind many good memories. I loved it when he fed his fish and the stop light he had in his house, and who can forget the little red trolly. The whole little modle town was an amazing thing. i still watch ep's from time to time. he was a very kind man and he reminds me of my father. When Mr. Rogers would put on his shoes i always thought my dad wears the same kind of shoes.

:cry: :sympathy:

Zack)Rowlf the, D:sympathy:g.

mdstudio

Reaction score
Sad...and yet...

I, like many of you, grew up watching Mr. Rogers. His gentle nature was very comforting to me as a young child -- when the big world could sometimes be confusing and overwhelming.

Though I am sad that he no longer walks this world with us, I am so grateful for all the love that he gave and all that he created and shared.

I am very thankful for his work and for his influence on me and how I live. Fred Rogers, like our beloved Jim Henson, is proof positive that one person can make a big difference.

A life well spent.

Trevor

daniel0son

Reaction score
Like many members, I was shocked to wake up to the news this morning. Mister Roger's was always part of my morning routine as I grew up; an hour of Sesame Street followed by Mister Roger's Neighborhood.

He was a great man and brought a little bit of love and joy into everyone's house each day. No one could ever replace such a man as he. Today, the world has really lost an American Treasure.

My thought and prayers go out to the Roger's family and friends. However, I am comforted by the fact that he is making the neighborhood great once again in heaven. Mister Roger's, we will miss you.

scarecroe

Reaction score
For me, growing up, Mister Rogers and Sesame Street went together like butter and toast. When I thought of one, I thought of the other. I became much of who I am today in part thanks to his contribution to public education via entertainment.

Rest In Peace, Mr. Rogers... and a job well done, sir.