Remembering Fred Rogers...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fred Rogers Memorial: Saturday May 3, 2003

Just a reminder that Fred Rogers will be having a public memorial service tomorrow in Pittsburgh at Heinz Hall in downtown Pittsburgh, PA.

Beginning at 2:30 p.m., the 90-minute service will be led by the Reverend Dr. William Barker, a retired Presbyterian minister who appeared on many Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood programs and was Fred Rogers’ close friend over the years. Speakers will include clergy, colleagues, and friends who have had a longtime association with Fred Rogers and his family.

A satellite feed of the Memorial Service is being made available to PBS affiliates around the country. Check local listings and/or contact your public television station for scheduling information. If you can't watch the service, you can listen to a live audio stream of the memorial here...

http://www.wqed.org/fm/

PBS stations also have the option to air a special two-hour documentary, "Fred Rogers: America’s Favorite Neighbor", a 2-hour biography on the life and legacy of Fred Rogers. It is an intimate portrait of this reluctant celebrity, full of treasured memories, rare vintage clips and behind-the-scenes details about his life and work.

Check local listings and/or contact your public television station for scheduling information. In Pittsburgh, the program will be broadcast on WQED-TV at 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. This program is part of a 3-hour commemorative video, available on both DVD & VHS, which is available here...

http://fci.org/shopping/viewproduct.asp?ID={01E01944-0890-4B06-A2F2-FCC0F7D29AD4}

Take time tomorrow to help honor and celebrate the life of Fred Rogers.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I'll never forget Fred Rogers. He had a great show which I've recently taped reruns of. I remember as a child having a storybook of Mr. Rogers Nieghborhood. It was one of those Little Golden Books titled Henrietta Meets Someone New. Fred Rogers was such a peaceful gentle soul who really reached out to children everywhere. One of the best people there ever was. God bless him. :smile: