Remembering Franz "Faz" Fazakas (1918-2013)

Cookie Chris

Reaction score
I just heard the news awhile ago, and I was shocked and saddened especially after hearing Tom Clancy passed away this afternoon. He truly brought Jim, Jerry Juhl, and the other writers' ideas and imaginations to fruition in an innovative, creative way. He will be truly missed, and his legacy will live on forever. :cry:

cjd874

Reaction score
RIP Faz Fazakas. Thank you for your incomparable work on Emmet Otter and Fraggle Rock, and the Muppet movies, especially this moment...you will be missed:

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
R.I.P. Faz Fazakas. Not only did you have a really cool name, but you made the best technological advances in The Muppet Movie, Fraggle Rock, The Muppet Show, and Emmet Otter. I still have no idea how you did the bicycle scene.

Oooh! I know! It was in a biography I read! They had people up in front of the puppets on tricycles and they used some string and made all the mechanic stuff work by human power since Computer generating wasn't around.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Here's the memorable scene from Muppets Take Manhattan.
I had no idea Faz came with an idea of radio controlling those rats in the kitchen and he always did something that nobody else would ever do.

Don't forget the boat scenes from Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas. Jerry was a great singer and Faz was great at learning how to make an object move and of course moving the otters as well.
May both of those talented guys rest in peace.

Did I forget about the Gorgs? I probably did and you're wondering, "How did a Gorg's face move?"

And so all of us fans know so far Cotterpin Doozer and Rizzo the Rat know Faz, but don't tell them that, because to them, that is kept a secret.

Convincing John

Reaction score
I know I'm late to this thread...but I just thought I'd mention I made a card for the family and friends of Faz Fazakas. I didn't say anything until now because I wanted Sesame Workshop to see it first. A friend of mine passed it around, then informed me that it will be taken to the folks at the Jim Henson legacy.

So anyhow, here it is, folks...g'bye Faz. We'll miss you.

http://convincingjosh.deviantart.com/#/art/G-bye-Faz-410772083?_sid=379fe527

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I know I'm late to this thread...but I just thought I'd mention I made a card for the family and friends of Faz Fazakas. I didn't say anything until now because I wanted Sesame Workshop to see it first. A friend of mine passed it around, then informed me that it will be taken to the folks at the Jim Henson legacy.

So anyhow, here it is, folks...g'bye Faz. We'll miss you.

http://convincingjosh.deviantart.com/#/art/G-bye-Faz-410772083?_sid=379fe527
Wow that is very good, and I'm glad that it will be put into the legacy like that,

muppet baby

Reaction score
This is really sad i am sorry that i just now saw this but he lived a good long life and gave great muppet voices to some of the best out there especially Fraggle Rock and otter i am glad that he had a good long life and was able to give blessing to so many