Remembering Caroll Spinney (December 26, 1933-December 8, 2019)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Given the impact that Caroll as Big Bird has to the entire world over I have a feeling that we could be seeing a funeral almost similar to Jim Henson’s, but with the Sesame Street gang involved. Maybe having a random trash can near Sesame Street studios where fans can celebrate the impact of Big Bird has over all of us. I mean that is proper way to pay respects to him, right ?
I had actually thought about that, and I wondered if they would have such a service like this for Caroll . . . but at the same time, given was a humble, soft-spoken man he was, I can imagine he wouldn't want us to make a fuss about his like this.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Eh, I get the intention, but I don't feel like a trash can memorial would go down that well in practice.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Eh, I get the intention, but I don't feel like a trash can memorial would go down that well in practice.
I was thinking more like a trash can full of feathers to represent the two characters that Caroll played on Sesame Street.

I had actually thought about that, and I wondered if they would have such a service like this for Caroll . . . but at the same time, given was a humble, soft-spoken man he was, I can imagine he wouldn't want us to make a fuss about his like this.
A similar thing was said about Jim Henson and look how his funeral turned out.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Difference was Jim Henson was known worldwide - muppet fan or not
He wasn't just Kermit the Frog. He was the creator of the Muppets, among many other things. Carrol Spinney was pretty anonymous as the man inside the Big Bird costume and trash can

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They'll no doubt have a private service for friends and family. I do not expect anything the likes of what was done with Jim's memorial.

A MOMI thing like what they did with Jerry seems likely, though (depending on when Craig Shehim, who has his own health setback, is feeling game to organize something).

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
And that awkward moment regarding the leaks and Caroll saying 847 was his favorite episode...

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
:confused: What's the story about this?
On top of his apparent health issues, Craig probably isn't feeling particularly motivated to host another event since the contents of the last one leaked; a bit ironic considering the supposed next one would be to honor Caroll and the content that leaked was his favorite episode of Sesame Street... of course you don't have to, but that would kinda be something you would want to show to honor him. 🤷‍♂️ Maybe I'm just grasping at straws at this point, but yes, Carroll did tell someone that that was his favorite episode of SS.

I decided to check the status of the leaks on YouTube, and these are some of the top comments:
The witch said she was going to turn David into a basketball because he is black. She probably used the N word too.
David would’ve sold that broom for crack