Remember this commerical?

Ziffel

Reaction score
I always liked that theme song from about then: Wrigley spearmint gum really keeps you hummin'!

That Announcer

Reaction score
Anybody else remember those horrible Listerine ads with "Tarzan Boy" as their song? Ick.

I get a lot of my television feeds from the Boston area, so I get a lot of local commercials, and I've got to tell you: they suck. Apparently, the guys from Boston don't know how to make a commercial. I'm not sure if those god-awful Ovaltine commercials originated from Boston, but they could have. :sympathy:

Ziffel

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
I get a lot of my television feeds from the Boston area, so I get a lot of local commercials, and I've got to tell you: they suck. Apparently, the guys from Boston don't know how to make a commercial. I'm not sure if those god-awful Ovaltine commercials originated from Boston, but they could have. :sympathy:
Hey is one of the feeds Boston channel tv 38? When I lived in New York our cable system had that channel. I watched it a lot for Boston Redsox baseball games (funny ads for those too - "The GAME is ON! TV 38!") and the channel had reruns of some of the old classic sitcoms I love, like "The Andy Griffith Show".

superfan

Reaction score
There is a commercial here for ED (Erectile Dysfunciton) and the drug they advertise for it. A couple is standing at the kitchen sink and "Can't Get Enough of Your Love" (Barry White) starts to play. At first they kind of dance sexy together and then all of a sudden the husband starts to doing this very lame robot dance move and moves across the screen past his wife. It's so awful!
A couple weeks back at a girls' night out our friend puts in that song and all I could picture was this guy doing the robot. :stick_out_tongue:

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
U Rember the Milk Commercail " Do Your Body Good" if you drink milk you become hot

superfan

Reaction score
Yup! The little boy grows up until he turns into a basketball player and the little girl becomes a prom queen.
They did a chocolate milk commercial recently with a bunch of brown jersey cows and it was filmed up the street from me!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
You got me there, Red Dragon.

But have to mention these other classics:

"Hey, how about a nice Hawaiin punch?" "Sure" *Punch!*

"It's slinky it's slinky, such a wonderful toy. It's slinky it's slinky. It's fun for a girl or a boy. It's fun for a girl or a boy."

"That Big Red freshness lasts right through it. You're fresh breath goes on and on while you chew it. Say goodbye a little longer...."

"Honeycomb's big. Yeah Yeah Yeah! It's not small. No No No! Honeycomb's got a big big bite. Big Big Bite! It tastes right!" (Say, do they still make that cereal? And, for that matter, do they still make Sugar Smacks (DigEm'!), Alphabits (Hey that would be a good SS cereal!), Golden Grahams, and Super Sugar Crisp? I don't buy cereal too much but haven't noticed these for a long time in the aisles. One that I think is defunct for a LONG time is Clackers. There's a photo of me eating by hand from a box of Clackers around 1970 when I was 3.
I think it changed in the later years but the Golden Grahams song for the commercial sort of had a gospell sound to it as I recall it with hand clapping to it. I've never been a religeous person but I've on occaison seen church services on TV where they're singing and the patrons are clapping and the song reminds me of it. Oh and I can't forget the former dallas Cowboy Mean Joe Green and the Coke commercial where the did offers some of his coke and he drinks it all. and of course the one SS spoofed that 1 with Gordon as a Football player named big Murray and the kid gives him the 7.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
This isn't an old one, but I found it SO funny. It's a commercial on right now, for Wendy's Chicken Bacon and Ranch sandwhich.
"Some people have a sweet tooth. I have a ranch tooth."
"Raaaanch..."
Poker guy: "Just tell your stupid ranch tooth to SHUT UP!"
Ranch tooth: "....ranch?"