Reflections in Foam

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Javie...

I Claudia, will tap you with moi's new nagging stick.
Bwaha!
*POKE POKE*

Post! :big_grin:

Java

Reaction score
Chapter 16

Clifford sat in the corner of the living room, watching the prawn carefully, his eyes hidden behind his glasses.

“Jou were always de perfect one
and de valedictorian
So under jour number I wrote
call for a good time
I only wanted to get jour attention
but jou over looked me somehow
Besides jou had too many boyfriends to mention
and I played my guitar too loud”

Dropping his luggage, Pepe landed on the middle step, turned his limbs extended far and with “jazz” hands proclaimed in song,

“How do jou like me now
Now that I'm on my way
Do jou still think I'm crazy standing here today
I couldn't make jou love me
But I always dreamed about living in jour radio
How do jou like me now?”

“I don’t like you at this particular moment, man.”

Pepe eyed Clifford as he spoke, “Dis no song for jou, dis for my lady.”

“She ain’t here man.”

“Si, I know. ‘Tis a shame.” Pepe took a moment looking around the room before he spoke again. “Say, where is everybody?”

“You would know better than I would, you were the one closer to everyone.”

“What do jou mean?”

They sat together on the couch as Clifford went through the details with the prawn. “So you never should have left there. How are Gonzo and Camilla?”

“I lost dem weeks ago. Dey said something about being alone.”

“And Rizzo?”

“Dat rat? I wouldn’t know.”

“A girl, huh?”

“What? Where?” Pepe climbed to the back of the couch as he pretended to scout the area.

“That you and Rizzo had a fight over?”

”A girl, no. Food.”

Clifford was lost for a response and not quite sure that he wanted to know the answer. They sat in silence for a moment before Clifford remembered that this would be a good time to help Robin with his project.

“You want the story of me? And why not let the frog get it?”

“Kermit only likes Robin to be exposed to PG rated stories.”

“Sadly, that is all mine remains.”

“What?”

“Si.”

“No way.”

“Si, let me tell jou, okay.”

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *​
“De seaweed is always greener
In somebody else's lake
Jou dream about going up dere
But dat is a big mistake
Just look at the world around jou
Right here on de ocean floor
Such wonderful things surround jou
What more is jou lookin' for?”

Pepe moved and swayed keeping perfect time with the music. Perfect, he thought, this is sure to be my big break.

“Thank you, that’s enough!” a voice called from the table at the back of the room.

“Jou, like?”

“Umm,” the voice pause momentarily, “We’ll be in touch. Thank you for coming Mr. Shrimp.”

“'Tis King Prawn! 'Tis King Prawn! Okay.”

“Yes, sorry about that, thank you for coming Mr. Prawn.”

Quietly and trying not to show his disappointment in front of the girls waiting to audition next, Pepe returned to his kitchen.

“Dey don’t know real talent. I’ll show dem. Just jou wait.”

“Bad day, huh Pepe?” Seymour, his sous chef asked.

“Disney, just doesn’t know what dey is missing.”

“Your right.” Seymour replied. “They missed their chance with you.”

As the rest of the kitchen buzzed around them, Pepe dodged the hands raring to grab him. “Hey!” he finally cried out in frustration, “I’m nobody’s dinner, okay!”

Seymour watched as Pepe stormed out the door. He could see that it was hard to be respected as a chef and be a shrimp at the same time. Everyone always wanted Pepe as their dinner, not making their dinner.

As Seymour tiptoed out the door to find where Pepe had disappeared to, an upbeat song about taking a vacation in Kokomo caught his attention.

“Jou can’t scare me, I hear jou elephant. Okay” Pepe sat on the trash can staring into a puddle. “There be no where else for a talking prawn to turn to. I should just return to de sea.”

“What about the Muppets?”

“Muppens?”

“Muppets, Pepe. You know, Kermit, Fozzie.”

“Maybe.”

“Yes, the group of frogs and bears and chickens and things.”

“Frogs, and bears, and chickens, and things?" Pepe scratche his chin thoughtfully "Si, Seymour, it just may work out for me after all.”

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *​
Clifford eyed Pepe as he leaned back further to get a better look at him. “And so, you sought us out?”

“Si, okay. Rather dull.”

“Maybe to you. I’m just trying to picture you dodging the bullet in a kitchen.”

“No nightmares please. Before I know it, dat bumbling man in there will try it himself.”

A few more moments passed as Clifford and Pepe waited unsure of what to say next.

“I’ll just go put away my luggage,” Pepe started off the couch as Clifford stopped him.

“Just wait, as you’re coming with us to Colorado.” With that, Clifford called Scooter to ask about how much longer they would be on Sesame Street.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Loved this Javy. The seed of truth, as Pepe's back story says he did start out as a restaurant chef. And to have him paired with Seymour way back then, brilliant. And of course, you even worked in one of my all-time fave Disney movies with Pepe's big break audition.

Oh, thank yous. And I hope you do get back in full force here at MC.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oooh an update! Yay! I like Pepe's story, simple as it may be. And I like seeing Seymour too, I always liked Pepe better with Seymour! Keep it coming!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHA!
Oh, GAWD!

I laughed through this whole chapter.
You have such a great sense of humor.

I loved that he auditioned for Sebastian!
xP Man, you're right....Disney don't know what they're missing, hokay?
Jou know, but that's why we have de sexy writers Melissas, hokay?

: D WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Java

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm still working on the next chapter, which I can tell you is a little harder for me as I haven't quite been able to picture a back story for the subject - Forgetful Jones.

Java

Reaction score
So, it's not much and I've been away from it awhile. I hope it's enough to keep the feel of the story and get it moving forward for you again.

It feels that way to me, but I'll let you be the judge of that.

Java

Reaction score
Chapter 17 - Animal's Story

Fozzie stared down at the members sleeping in the RV as they started into Pennsylvania. Scooter was at the wheel and since Clifford was up next for driving duty, Fozzie couldn’t fall asleep yet. Robin was curled somewhere at Grover’s feet, who was tossing and turning across from Clifford. Pepe had made his bed in one of the kitchen drawers as the Swedish Chef was in the back.

“I can’t believe that this is all of us,” he whispered to himself as he once again took stock of all in the RV, “Muppets belong together…”

Across the country, in a very loud bus, The Electric Mayhem were stopped at the Idaho border, waiting for a replacement tire for the one that Animal ate.

“And that, my musical accomplices, is why we abandon our melodious pilgrimage and seek the sounds of our main frog who guides one who is lost,” Dr. Teeth crooned to the group.

“Lost,” Zoot’s head shot up in alarm, “haven’t they tried Harry Krishna?”

There was no need to respond as Zoot had already slipped back into his nap but Janice answered anyway, “Like, it wasn’t for us, man. Isn’t that how we got here?”

“Was that your way, my fair lady?” Floyd asked, “All I remember was a church?”

“Church, church,” Animal muttered as he turned in his sleep.

“Perchance,” Dr. Teeth interrupted, “we should make an album of our scuttlebutt, and hand them directly to the frog, so as the tadpole is not contaminated with their sweet yet adult sounds.”

“Woman, woman,” Animal muttered as he tossed back over again.

“I think that would be the best plan, my director,” Floyd started to pick a few cords on his guitar, “For all of us who can, that is the way to go.”

Janice, Dr. Teeth, and Floyd turned to look at Animal who was lost in his dreams.

“Like, if only,”

“I know,” Dr. Teeth muttered to himself shaking his head at the opportunity he had lost, “I know.”

Animal’s Story

He sat huddled in the stadium doorway, straws poised in hands raised above his head, as he waited for the beat to be heard again.

Hands slashed through the air, silently beating the drum that only he could see.

The gold tooth green man sat on the curb, silently watching for the third time that week. Austin looked up to meet his eye once again. Without knowing why, he felt like he could trust this man. This man who didn’t want to impose rules of society he couldn’t follow.

“You will be an animal on the percussion,” the voice reached him, and yet he sat at the curb observing him, “I shall ask nothing more of you, my man.”

Although, Austin couldn’t be sure of it, he felt it was an invitation. As he considered the offer to play real drums, his head cocked to the side raising an eyebrow and he was freed. Looking down, his now orange hands contained real drumsticks. His eyelids lowered gently, and relief flooded over him.

At last, there was someone who understood his language.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Huggles Java and the update. Yes, it does harken back to Scooter and Clifford and how this started. Please, post more, perhaps continuing the Mayhem's tour? :halo:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Melissa! How exciting to see you back here and also an update on this fabulous story! Now I'd like to read more again! I forgot how much I was enjoying this one! :smile: