RED ALERT! "The Muppets" fans need to contact ABC **NOW**!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
I already sent a shout-out on my Tumblr blog "Oncie's Gal", a tribute to the 2012 Once-ler from the Lorax, which starred Ed Helms, who was a guest star on The Muppets' Season 1. Yeah, I totally have feelings for this guy, so no judgement? Maybe I'll tweet to ABC if they are renewing the Muppets or not. Or message them on Facebook. Either way, we ALL gotta SAVE THIS SHOW!

So who's with me?

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I already sent a shout-out on my Tumblr blog "Oncie's Gal", a tribute to the 2012 Once-ler from the Lorax, which starred Ed Helms, who was a guest star on The Muppets' Season 1. Yeah, I totally have feelings for this guy, so no judgement? Maybe I'll tweet to ABC if they are renewing the Muppets or not. Or message them on Facebook. Either way, we ALL gotta SAVE THIS SHOW!

So who's with me?
I am :smile:.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I thought about that, but changed my mind.

I had a few things in mind for an April Fools Thread for the second season. In fact, long before I knew that the first season would just have 16 episodes and end before this day, I had some plans for later in the season, if not the season finale. I wanted to say that Frank Oz was going to guest star in the season finale. I also considered saying that Frank Oz was announced to direct and perform in six episodes, alternating with Eric Jacobson on select characters. On a similar note, I wanted to say that both Kevin Clash and Joey Mazzarino have joined the show as well.

But I decided not to make that among my April Fools threads for this year.
Haha oh man. What I wouldn't give to see / hear Frank performing Sam the Eagle again. Eric's great, don't get me wrong, but Frank was just SO brilliant as Sam, it's hard to top.

Has there been any word on this show getting a Blu-ray / DVD release? Maybe they're waiting to see if it gets renewed for season 2, but I'd love to have season 1.

terrimonster

Reaction score
It's not definite, but there is this article in Variety* which says, "Meanwhile, 'The Muppets' is primed for a renewal, despite ratings that continued to sag after a midseason showrunner change. Though execs have been 50/50 on bringing back the furry friends in recent months, sources say to expect another season."

*It looks like the same article is in other places, too. I'm guessing this is the original, as it lists authors.

Status
Not open for further replies.