RE-RELEASE the first season of THE MUPPET SHOW!

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Hmm, true. But, I don't like to look them up on YouTube. Anyways, I buy them instead of the DVD, if you can find the bonus features on YouTube. If I own them on DVD, I don't bother to buy the Blu-Ray.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Hmm, true. But, I don't like to look them up on YouTube. Anyways, I buy them instead of the DVD, if you can find the bonus features on YouTube. If I own them on DVD, I don't bother to buy the Blu-Ray.
don't even really have them on DVD yet, the only ones I have are MFS (2005 one) and VMX (2010 one)

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I read that videotape (which is what TMS was recorded on) can't be mastered in High Definition, so a Blu-Ray release would be out of the question.
That is correct but there is also SD-BluRay. That is DVD Quality on a Bluray. What is the advantage? You can put more minutes of film on a bluray. Season 1 would be on 2 discs.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Reasons 1 and 2 are fine and good, but if you want the first season to be COMPLETE, you would leave the original openings in.
Plus you miss one of the best Statler and Waldorf jokes from Season Two where Statler says he liked the original opening better! It wouldn't make any sense otherwise.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind it on a Blu-Ray, but it seems pointless, if it won't be digitally mastered or if their'll still be cuts.