RE-RELEASE the first season of THE MUPPET SHOW!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the jim henson retrospective was? Anyway, I wouldn't care for re-released copies of season 1 or any of the other seasons, because I want to get the money to buy the first three seasons first and trash my bootled low-quality scratched copy of the full series. Also, I think whatever the jim henson retrospective was they should save it for a season 4 bonus, I mean they need to dig up at least 3 bonuses for S4 and 3 for 5.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder if they could fit just the cut episodes uncut on one DVD so you don't have to rebuy a whole set.

Of course, it's hypothetical that if they can't clear out the rights to 4+5, I'm sure they still can't renegotiate the first season.

Freaking music copyright holders.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Of course, it's hypothetical that if they can't clear out the rights to 4+5, I'm sure they still can't renegotiate the first season.

Freaking music copyright holders.
At least they were able to clear them for the German release.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
A Jim Henson Retrospective sounds like it's really cool. Hope they release it either on seasons 4 and 5 or a re-release of season 1, because I would definitely buy it.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
If they do re-issue S1, it'd most likely be Blu-Ray, IMO.

I'm pretty sure I read that videotape (which is what TMS was recorded on) can't be mastered in High Definition, so a Blu-Ray release would be out of the question.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Personally, myself, I don't like Blu-Rays, and, the only reason I buy them, is for the extra bonus features. ( I LOVE bonus features!)

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Personally, myself, I don't like Blu-Rays, and, the only reason I buy them, is for the extra bonus features. ( I LOVE bonus features!)
don't even have a blu-ray player, besides you can find all the extras on Youtube, and most muppet movies lack good blu-rays *cough* MFS, MTM, GMC, MTI *cough*, the only good features are on TMM, MCC, and TM