RE-RELEASE the first season of THE MUPPET SHOW!

MuppetShow123

Reaction score
I have been thinking of sending a email to WALT DISNEY STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT begging them to re-release the first season of The Muppet Show on DVD. Why?
1. I want to ask them to try and this time secure the rights for the songs that were cut from of the episodes so they can be COMPLETE.
2.I would like them to put THE JIM HENSON RETROSPECTIVE featurette as a bonus feature. It was planned and anounced, but take off the features list at the last minute.
3.(One of the main reasons) THE OPENING: Now I know that some people really liked the restoration of the ORIGINAL first season opening, but I think that they should have kept the second seasons' they used in the '80s. I mean, they even put clips of it on the DVD promo but then they were nowhere to be seen. Plus, that is the one most people know and remember from their childhood.

So...what do you guys think? :skeptical:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Reasons 1 and 2 are fine and good, but if you want the first season to be COMPLETE, you would leave the original openings in.
There is nothing I hate more than releases that are futzed with. Syndicated versions, wrong end titles, rebroadcast revisionist end logos... I want an Inspector Gadget DVD release that kept this in tact
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyQVYDwQbZk
instead of the lame 1990's Wonderful World of Dic logo. Even though I can see it anytime on YT, there's something magical about experiencing the show the way it was meant to be experianced.

Still, I wonder if they can just do a special single disk re-release of just the cut episodes with the material back in. Just so we don't have to double dip.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
The great part about the muppet show format is that if they can secure the rights to missing songs they can put them as bonus features on later disks. Its not like the flow of an episode is messed up with these missing or anything but I do wish we had them... I have some of the time life dvds so I have the vincent price parts that are missing. I just wouldn't want to have to go buy a new season 1.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I would happily re-buy season 1 to have the complete episodes, however, myself, I'm hoping for a complete boxset of all 5 seasons, with some kind of extra bonuses.

smalltimecrook

Reaction score
Whilst it would be nice to get the original openings, if you ask me, let's be happy that we've got Seasons 1-3 and put our lobbying energy into getting seasons 4 and 5 rather than into something that will never happen and is less satisfying than finally getting all the episodes.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I agree that the main thing we need is season 4 and 5. However I do think Disney should (and I think they will at some point) release a completely unedited version.

At least there is the almost complete German release of season 1 (which has english audio). I think I'll buy that at some point, if Disney doesn't seem to be planing anything soon.

P.S. This is my 100th post! :smile: