Rare "Cracks" animation from 1970's Sesame Street

AquaGGR

Reaction score
It's really odd that it only aired eleven times...

dycaite

Reaction score
Any of you guys wanna help me compose a letter to Sesame Workshop? If we can at least get the artist's name out of them, then we may be able to contact him/her.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's really odd that it only aired eleven times...

I wonder what an average number of times a segment has been shown, at least in a season. Or how many times one would have to be seen in a single season to be considered "a lot" (I guess with today's 26-episode seasons three would be the number).

Somebody speculated that they just phased it out of the show. If that's true then I think it's weird it would be shown so much over the course of two seasons (and that's just speculation) and then stopped. Though with many new segments being produced every year and the need to repeat segments (especially back then) then it would eventually get hard to repeat certain segments as often, even with 130 episodes a season. When I was watching the show in the late-1980s and early-1990s there were older segments I only remember seeing once. Heck, throughout the 1990s there are a number of popular segments (Doin' the Pigeon, the original C is for Cookie, Bein' Green, I Love Trash) I don't remember seeing on the show, though I'd seen them on the show in the past or in video compilations.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last night I dreamt that I saw this, and it was a lot different from how it's been described (for example, it had a boy instead of a girl).

dycaite

Reaction score
namowal said:
Last night I dreamt that I saw this, and it was a lot different from how it's been described (for example, it had a boy instead of a girl).
I too have dreamt of seeing it. Multiple times. :sigh:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
...which is basically Jon Armond explaining the story of the cartoon and how he found it. No audio of the actual short there, which is kinda disappointing. For a moment I was getting my hopes up. :frown:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Although, I just read the comments on the Lost Media Wiki article, and one user claims that it was shown in Ireland sometime during the early-mid 1990s.