Rare "Cracks" animation from 1970's Sesame Street

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was half joking, half serious about them being "in on it", but the article I wrote mentioned the lore it's famous for and I understand Muppet Wiki finding that useless, so their standpoint is it's too obscure and there isn't enough known about it to warrant an article.
I thought it was because the wiki usually doesn't allow for pages on one-shot animation/film pieces (unless it's a song).

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I was half joking, half serious about them being "in on it", but the article I wrote mentioned the lore it's famous for and I understand Muppet Wiki finding that useless, so their standpoint is it's too obscure and there isn't enough known about it to warrant an article.
Try doing this, Muppet Wiki doesn't have pages about one specific animated sketch unless it's a musical sketch like The Alligator King or what have you so try writing a page about one of the characters from the sketch or something like that

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It aired 11 times in the US, and probably had more airings in other countries.
By "one shot" I meant not part of a recurring animated series. Though over time the wiki has allowed less one-shot Muppet sketches to have pages as well (lumping them into character sketch guides, a guide to Sesame Street game shows, just including info on parodies on pages for the source material, etc.).

Back in the early days of the wiki we had a lot of pages for sketches that were not part of a recurring series of sketches. Non-Muppet segments were among the first they decided not to give pages to for one-shot skits, stating that the real interesting info is on the Muppets. Pages were allowed for recurring sketches, songs (I'm not really sure if it was said why), if a notable Henson/Sesame Workshop employee was involved, I think if it had an animated appearance by a Muppet character/reference to the show, and some other standards. Like with Wanda the Witch, that page was allowed because the character was included in a lot of early promotional materials. Over time they started listing animation/film sketches on pages for the appropriate filmmakers/animators/companies (putting a lot of those one-shots there), as well as pages for sketches on certain educational topics.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Hey guys, check out what I found. I'm sure most of you know about this upcoming SS lego set. I was looking at some of the discarded ideas from the set and believe it or not one of them was The Crack Master

I can see why they would discard this given that Sesame Street has denied the existence of the clip. I don't know why Sesame Workshop left this one alone. I imagine that this picture will be taken down if Sesame Workshop looks at the Lego ideas page

gravy

Reaction score
I can see why they would discard this given that Sesame Street has denied the existence of the clip. I don't know why Sesame Workshop left this one alone. I imagine that this picture will be taken down if Sesame Workshop looks at the Lego ideas page
It was discarded because, like said above, it's too obscure and barely nostalgia-worthy. May I remind you that SW does not give two sh:eek:ts about the clip and don't waste their time on taking down and removing things like REFERENCES to previously lost material and other things people obsess over.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
It was discarded because, like said above, it's too obscure and barely nostalgia-worthy. May I remind you that SW does not give two sh:eek:ts about the clip and don't waste their time on taking down and removing things like REFERENCES to previously lost material and other things people obsess over.
Whatever you say

crackmaster

Reaction score
I wonder why they went with a white actress to narrate the sketch instead of a black actress to match the depiction of the girl. Schoolhouse Rock did that with "Verb, That's What's Happening" so...

But I did get Dorothy Moskowitz to voice Sonic's mom Bernadette in my fan series Mobius Redrawn! I don't know when her lines are coming. (I also got Scott Getchell, aka Bill the Bat, to voice Lyric, but that's later on.)