Rare "Cracks" animation from 1970's Sesame Street

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I noticed that the story behind this short is very similar to the Pinwheel short Clockman except the Clockman on YouTube is on the official AAA Studios channel so it´s not likely that anything will happen to it. The copy Cracks on the other hand is an illegal copy so something might happen to it

Cookie3001

Reaction score
When the spanish copy was uncovered I had no idea it was from an official video release
That's amazing, I admit for a while I thought that it was fake or from some other obscure cartoon since there was no info about it on Muppet Wiki but I think we have just enough proof
I also wondered for a while if this was originally from a foreign dub of Sesame Street since the little girls lipsync was kind of off

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That's an interesting theory from the podcast where it might have been banned because people might think of crack, the drug. Crack Master does sound like a good name for a drug dealer/user, and many of us used to think it was called "Crack Monster", my first thought was a monster obsessed with crack like Cookie Monster is obsessed with cookies (though I knew they wouldn't do that on Sesame Street).

So weird that apparently Sesame Workshop doesn't have much information on who animated it. I wonder if that's keeping it from an official release (because it'd be hard to find out who to send residuals to).

Cookie3001

Reaction score
That's an interesting theory from the podcast where it might have been banned because people might think of crack, the drug. Crack Master does sound like a good name for a drug dealer/user, and many of us used to think it was called "Crack Monster", my first thought was a monster obsessed with crack like Cookie Monster is obsessed with cookies (though I knew they wouldn't do that on Sesame Street).

So weird that apparently Sesame Workshop doesn't have much information on who animated it. I wonder if that's keeping it from an official release (because it'd be hard to find out who to send residuals to).
I don't think Sesame Workshop has any information about cracks, every page on Muppet Wiki with info about this short does not exist, there is no page for Episode 979 or a page for the Plaza Sesamo VHS that featured the clip

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
I don't think Sesame Workshop has any information about cracks, every page on Muppet Wiki with info about this short does not exist, there is no page for Episode 979 or a page for the Plaza Sesamo VHS that featured the clip
You're absolutely right. On the page for Episode 818, now as a complete guide via a trusted source, all it says beneath the description of the clip is "vocals: Dorothy Moskowitz".

Cookie3001

Reaction score
You're absolutely right. On the page for Episode 818, now as a complete guide via a trusted source, all it says beneath the description of the clip is "vocals: Dorothy Moskowitz".
I see, well there is one thing we know about the clip now, its not much but its a start. I looked on Muppet Wiki and I could not find the page

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I actually tried to make an article for Cracks itself on Muppet Wiki and they immediately shut me down within seconds. :laugh: They're in on it too.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I actually tried to make an article for Cracks itself on Muppet Wiki and they immediately shut me down within seconds. :laugh: They're in on it too.
I see, none of the Wiki people like @Oscarfan have been on this thread (as far as I know), I don't know what it is about this clip that is so bad, I know it's kinda dark and scary but I don't understand why they are blocking all info about the clips existence

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I see, none of the Wiki people like @Oscarfan have been on this thread (as far as I know), I don't know what it is about this clip that is so bad, I know it's kinda dark and scary but I don't understand why they are blocking all info about the clips existence
I was half joking, half serious about them being "in on it", but the article I wrote mentioned the lore it's famous for and I understand Muppet Wiki finding that useless, so their standpoint is it's too obscure and there isn't enough known about it to warrant an article.