Questions about anything

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, Gilligan's Island got a reunion movie just over a decade after the series ended.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's quite a difference between over a decade and under a decade, though.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
30 Rock ended seven years ago; it isn't that big a difference.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Networks can't produce much content because of the pandemic, so having reunions for shows that still have strong cult followings like 30 Rock and Parks & Rec to rake in views makes sense.

Speaking of which, did anybody catch the Parks & Rec special from a couple months back? It was delightful

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anyone know how to get new linens to stop shedding? I got new linens last month, many of them have gone through at least four washings and dryings already, but they're still shedding a mess! I tried a supposed sure-fire trick by washing them in a solution including detergent and half a cup of dissolved baking soda, then hanging them out to dry, but that didn't work either.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
They’re not supposed to shed if you hang dry them. I can see them shedding if they go in the dryer and you don’t clean out the lint screen.

If you’re talking about sheets, on the label of the packaging it has a count number. 120 count, 240 count, etc.
The higher the count number, the closer the fibers are woven together, the better the quality. Lower count numbers do get a lot of pilling, threads unravel, and soon they’re only good for rags. Higher counts are more expensive, but hold together longer.

Towels, only thing I’ve noticed when they hung to dry, the fibers get stiff.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Today I was watching the Laurel and Hardy short The Music Box, and at the beginning, it says that they put together all of their money - $3.20 - and started a business.

With inflation, was this considered a joke back in 1932? It seems humorous that they would spend that much to start a business, but was it a realistic amount to start a business with back in 1932? Of course their business is moving pianos (maybe even other stuff), they have a horse and cart to pull deliveries in, so maybe that would have been cheaper in 1932.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Back in 1032 at the height of the Depression many people didn’t have &3.20 to their name.
In real life Stan and Ollie were the highest-paid comics at Hal Roach Studios.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Was looking at the TV Tropes page for The Little Rascals, and saw this listed as "stealth insult" for the 1994 film: Waldo's dad (played by Donald Trump) tells Waldo he's the best son money can buy, while Waldo takes it as a sincere compliment.

So what is the insult there? It's the only scene his father is in so we're not shown that his father would dislike his son. Maybe he was adopted (we're not told either way) and he's basically proud of making that purchase.