Puppeteer's Resources Links

Reaction score
NEW to the town :smile:

Hello to all I have been reading for sometime now.love this place I have had a love for muppets/puppets all my life. Now I have a son and the mind set. I have made one puppet so far and building #2 wish I could show you all. I see alot of books out there about building, what are the best ones? I like the foam ,hand/rod pupppets the most "so far". My biggest cross to bare is the mouth of a puppet.I need to buy some patterns .

Talk to you all soon

P.S. If there is someone by philly that might like to show me some in's and out's that would be sweet.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I think the glorified sock puppet pattern is a great one. its easy to follow and gives a great result even the first time you try it.

Also take a look at the foam book & Puppet Planet by John Kennedy. They're different styles of building. The wonderful thing about puppetry is that your end result is the goal, not how you got there or what you got there with (unlike teddy-bear making).

Reaction score
The Projectpuppet is like crack to me right now I fight the need to buy one more,maybe just one will hold me over for a bit

batjimi

Reaction score
Puppet Materials Needed

Hello I am a new puppet builder and I wanted to know what material fossie:embarrassed:
and oscar :grouchy: are made of? ( the shaggy material and where to get it) now I know about fleece ( the stuff kermit and most of the other muppets are covered with) but I could not find the shaggy stuff of fossie and oscar any help would be great ohhh this is my first post! Jimi

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Those exact materials probably can't be bought anymore...the Muppet workshop purchased the original materials decades ago and now if they are not still using the original materials they likely get the fur custom made and/or dyed. If you search the archives here there are probably old threads discussing how members here have made Fozzies and Oscars before.