Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
well my bank account is GONNA be low again lol :stick_out_tongue: but anyways... i didnt pre-order from these guys yet couse its kinda odd that they have it up b4 MR website does! and like Was Once Ernie just sayed... just how accurate this listing is?

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Here is the word up from Amy. Looks like we have another wait till August now.

Originally Posted:
So is it official when Gonzo will be coming out for pre-order, I know you said sometime in July, but do we have a date yet? Or is he still up in the air?

Gonzo has been delayed. Right now he is scheduled to go on sale on 8/22/07.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i dont know guys animals not growing on me....im not sure if its his look or that i was never a huge animal fan...i always hated that they tried to make him part of the crew aside from the band.....anyone think i should put this aside and still get him....i cant wait for gonzo and fozzi...i just got kermit i found him in a newbury comics here in boston for 150 i grabebed him and got the last one:smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I thought I might put in an order for Gonzo at Wizard, but I will wait till MR put up the pre order after seeing Wizard's shipping rates-$500 air and $169.99 ground.No thank you!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Thought it looked a little odd that Wizard already had it for pre-order. Just thought I'd let you know tho. I need to wait until a UK supplier has it on their site before I order it.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Acoording to Amy, Gonzo is pushed back to August 22nd for pre-order. Guess they are still haveing trouble with him. :concern:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Is the nose they are still having problems with? I guess, as it IS Gonzo's main feature, it needs to be right. Having said that, he has changed so much over the years, so which "version" are they basing the design on? I think the late 70's/early 80's version looked best. He seems to be a little too softened nowadays.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I don't claim to know ANYTHING at all about puppet building and I thought the final design of the Kermit replica was amazing, but there isn't something quite right about Animal. His head and features don't seem to be very much in proportion. Maybe it will again be a case of manipulating him once you have him in your home to get the best look?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/m1stersuper5tar/AMUPPET12.jpg

doc hopper

Reaction score
agreed. enlarge that nose and raise it slightly between the eyes. and then it'll be a matter of us working those eyebrows into an expression that works.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Yes, it is the nose on Gonzo. Travis said that they won't use foam since it degrades and that wouldn't be good. So they are going to use a material one instead. They are going to use the more current Gonzo, not the first Gonzo from the 1st season of the Muppet Show. The Animal you are looking at is the first prototype. Travis said that his pupils need to be more in towards the nose. Also, his nose needs to be a bit bigger. He put a updated picture up and did look a lot better.

Here is a quote from Travis:

There is no photo trickery... the photo in the newsletter is Terry's original prototype. The one on the site is the factory's FIRST sample. Changes are still being made to this one...

The image in the link below IS photoshopped... It's the image I sent to our PD department, where I showed them the changes that need to be made to Animal's eyes and nose... These changes have been sent on to the factory, and are being worked on.

<A href="http://imageshack.us/" target=_blank>http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/360...sionsiibs2.jpg

You can find the subject here:

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=32686