Playskool's Sesame Street Line is available now

matleo

Reaction score
What I also like is that there ARE variants. I hated it when they did the 40th anniversary 2 packs and EVERY single Elmo and CM was the same one so if you bought everything (to get all the characters they released you had 3 Elmos. but you can get the Elmo/Oscar set, CM/Telly set, and the playset and you still have two different Elmos and two different Cookie Monsters.

And like you said the variants aren't annoying, so if skateboarding Rosita is the only Rosita they do, or the only one you can find, it still looks good in the collection.

What I'd really love for them to make though is a Waiter Grover and Mr. Johnson 2pack. I would buy that in heartbeat.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really wasn't excited at all by the lackluster release of the 40th anniversary stuff. Though I did like the Oscar/Super Grover set.. the fact the Big Bird and Ernie set came with an Ernie I got years before for a buck at Target just soured me on the whole thing. There wasn't even an effort for further characters.

With this line, not only do we have variety and variants, we have vision. Some may be nostalgic of the Sesame Little People, I'm fairly nostalgic about Sesame Street PVC. And when those things were out, we had a lot of different characters getting made. There was a real gap since the 90's of Sesame Street PVC... Fisher Price had some, but they were always the same characters. That's what I love about these. They do have variants, but they also manage to keep the character roster fresh. Sure, there are a few Elmos, but we also get a Telly and a Murray... characters they never or rarely ever made toys of.

I have no doubt some collectors friendly characters will be seen down the line (hopefully before the 45th anniversary. it's close, but not that close). I just hope they aren't super exclusives that are hard to find.

matleo

Reaction score
Wave 2 is coming out now and includes Super Grover/Murray, Abby/Zoe, Snuffy/Big Bid. If they do a wave 3 I imagine it will include at least Count, Rosita, Baby Bear, and a regular Grover. But that's speculation on my part.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Just bought Murray and Supergrover. Murray is my Two yar olds favorite.

matleo

Reaction score
YES!!! Finally scored BB/Snuffy and Murray/SG. Also found the Rollersakting Abby/Rosita set. So my daughter's stocking is all set and done. I'm going to keep my eyes out for the ZOE/Abby set but if I don't find them between now and Christmas, that's okay too.

YipYip UhHuh

Reaction score
We found them all except BB/Snuffy and Abby/Zoe. Hopefully they start showing up in the stores soon. I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices people are asking on eBay for them.
If they do any further characters, I'd like to see Barkley, Baby Bear, and Prairie Dawn. Not sure if that will ever happen, but I can always hope.

matleo

Reaction score
I really want Count, Prairie Dawn, Barkley, and a Waiter Grover/Mr, Johnson set.

matleo

Reaction score
..........aaaaaaaannnnnnd DONE!!! I found the Soe/Abby 2-pack tonight at TRU so I have everyone for my daughter's stocking.