Pixar: Are the glory days over?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Why do I feel like it might just copy the underrated cartoon series?

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
They also announced a movie that just sounds like the Hulk for furries. As a Furry myself, I’m kinda offended by their laziness in assuming what we like.

C to the J

Reaction score
You know, for The Incredibles 2, I really really wish they had kept that one part (seen in a deleted scene called Chewed Out in which Bob and Helen are interrogated by two detectives) where Helen speaks up after the second detective’s response to Bob’s question and before Bob’s comment to Rick Dicker:

HELEN: But you had no objections when we stopped the omnidroid from destroying the city!
DETECTIVE 1: Why would we? You stopped the omnidroid.
HELEN: So you support us... as long as we win?
DETECTIVE 2: Objectively, we did not and do not support you. (gets up) We let the infraction slide. (both detectives turn around) (quietly and bitterly to Detective 1) We probably shouldn’t have.

It’s very refreshing to have someone actually acknowledge something significant that happened in the previous movie, but to leave it out is a cinematic slap in the face. In the version we got, Helen didn’t get to speak up, the interrogation abruptly ended on a completely sour note, and, honestly, the detectives made Evelyn Deavor look less like the main antagonist.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Out of the three upcoming Pixar films...

Luca sounds nice, but I'm kind of meh on it.
Turning Red sounds like they took the Animaniacs character of Katie Kaboom and then ramped the gag up one further level by having the character explode, turn into a cloud of red smoke, and then become an anthro red-furred panda. So they're recycling the magical undo element of the plot from Brave in that Turning Red's main character has to go some introspective quest to become human again. That plus the girl obsessed with boy bands angle, yeah, not interested at all.
Lightyear, this is the one that I'm interested in due to the meta aspect of the story behind the "human" character that the Toy Story franchise's duteragonist is based on.

After that, we'll have to wait and see what else Pixar comes up with whether another 3D CGI film or if they start to go down the same road as Disney's 2D films being converted into live-action films.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So because I haven't seen a new Pixar movie in a long time, I am genuinely curious to know if they continue to carry on the tradition of theirs that dates back to the original TOY STORY by having John Ratzenberger voice one of the supporting characters in each movie.

Seems like after a while, they started using Jeff Garlin and Bonnie Hunt in every movie as well.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Looks like they haven’t. He wasn’t in Luca because the director wanted to start a new tradition of casting Peter Sohn in every Pixar movie (we’ll have to wait for Turning Red to see if that stays).

On that note, the trailer for Turning Red dropped last month. I was originally offended by their attempts to pander (or should I say, red panda-er) to furries like me, but the trailer made me change my mind. It was really entertaining, though that may have been because it featured “Larger Than Life” by the Backstreet Boys, which I heard on the radio the day after it dropped and immediately wanted to hear it again (and again, and again, and again, but that’s a story for another time).

Last edited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
To answer D'Snowth's question further, thanks to CoolGuy1013 for posting the quick version while I was at the Pixar Wiki...

Toy Story: Hamm.
A Bug's Life: P.T. Flea; Fly in Bug Bar.
Toy Story 2: Hamm.
Monsters, Inc.: Yeti.
Finding Nemo: Moonfish.
The Incredibles: The Underminer.
Cars: Mack; Car Versions of Hamm, P.T. Flea, and Yeti.
Ratatouille: Mustafa.
WALL-E: John.
Up: Construction Foreman Tom.
Toy Story 3: Hamm.
Cars 2: Mack.
Brave: Gordon.
Monsters University: Yeti.
Inside Out: Fritz.
The Good Dinosaur: Earl.
Finding Dori: Bill.
Cars 3: Mack.
Coco: Juan Ortodoncia.
Incridibles 2: The Underminer.
Toy Story 4: Hamm.
Onward: Construction Worker Fennwick.
Soul: Subway Chase Bystander (Visual Non-Speaking Cameo).

Hope this helps. :wisdom:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, looks like this comic strip that was made by my pal Kevin Magpoc all the way back in 2003 did not age too well at all. . . .